test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Portal-Wide Forum Migration

Comments

• primar13primar13 Posts: 985 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    This is the New Sarcasm Color for the new Forums!

WTH... that is a lot of work for that color

Ok how about a solid color then.

Now we just need Trendy to Designate that Color as "Sarcasm" within the Websites CSS....

Directive 010 - Purple Company Commander
    Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • primar13primar13 Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    josan369 wrote: »
    Yeah, can someone explain to me why I need a special PIN from ARC EVERY SINGLE time I try to log into this new Forum? Because if that's going to be a constant requirement now, then I think I'll just start using the Reddit group for STO.
    primar13 wrote: »
    There are many possible causes to that. I have it everytime I log into arc or the Gateway. My guess is because I'm on a laptop.

FOR ANSWERS TO THIS QUESTION click this sentence ;)

Yeah but If I am getting a ton of "False Positives" when Attempting to use something with a Security System... the suggested solution should NOT be to Removed/Disable the Security System. It should be to improve the security system.

Directive 010 - Purple Company Commander
    Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • I guess I'll be sticking to regular text for the most part.

Nope BBCode for Colors

Or you both could use this?

See I can type in cool color's too.
    How to post images remove spaces I added [shouldbelikethis] vs [ not like this ]
    [ img ] typeurlhere [ /img ]

my_old_sig_from_nw_forums_bigger.png
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Posts: 1,699 Arc User
    magenubbie wrote: »
    silverkelt wrote: »
    so.. of its a general forum, do I still get slapped on my hands from Zeb or Lew?
    Not yet. They aren't mods yet. Just regular members. But soon, rest assured.

You have a new icon!

I should redo stuff for the new forums.. but now I have to host a image on bucket or something..

• jane111111111jane111111111 Posts: 8
    edited June 2015
    josan369 wrote: »
    Yeah, can someone explain to me why I need a special PIN from ARC EVERY SINGLE time I try to log into this new Forum? Because if that's going to be a constant requirement now, then I think I'll just start using the Reddit group for STO.
    There are many possible causes to that. I have it everytime I log into arc or the Gateway. My guess is because I'm on a laptop.
    Yeah but If I am getting a ton of "False Positives" when Attempting to use something with a Security System... the suggested solution should NOT be to Removed/Disable the Security System. It should be to improve the security system.

I've used gateway, forums, etc on my iPhone's, old cell phones, laptops, multi-pal pc's & yet to have such an issue myself. But there is a way to turn off the arc defender/security system if your incapable of making it work properly on your end; or to be sure your own systems settings/firewall is not causing any errors on your end....
    The End
    :)
    Post edited by jane111111111 on
    How to post images remove spaces I added [shouldbelikethis] vs [ not like this ]

• walk2kwalk2k Posts: 926 Arc User
    yeah um NWO forum is deleted? figures since the moderation was so bad there you basically had to be a PW cheerleader or your posts was deleted.
  • krittycatkrittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    walk2k wrote: »
    yeah um NWO forum is deleted? figures since the moderation was so bad there you basically had to be a PW cheerleader or your posts was deleted.

A. The forum is not deleted. It's merely down for data migration purposes.
    B. That attitude isn't cool.

Posts are only removed if they violate forums' Code of Conduct. That's one thing that should hopefully be standardized across all platforms with the new setup. If your posts were removed before, they'll probably be removed on the new system, after the various subforums are set and opened.

There's a simple way to prevent your stuff from being removed: Don't post things against the Code of Conduct of the forums. Easy.
  • revjimjonesrevjimjones Posts: 604 Arc User
    krittycat wrote: »

Posts are only removed if they violate forums' Code of Conduct. That's one thing that should hopefully be standardized across all platforms with the new setup. If your posts were removed before, they'll probably be removed on the new system, after the various subforums are set and opened.

There's a simple way to prevent your stuff from being removed: Don't post things against the Code of Conduct of the forums. Easy.

Yeah that would work if the Code of Conduct was enforced in a consistent manner, but it isn't.
    So therein lies the problem a "Subjective" Code of Conduct combined with Moderators with little to no formal training enforcing their own personal interpretation of the forum Code of Conduct.
    EXH79YQ.gif
    stuffbydavid.com/textcolorizer
    Sarcasm Font and color[ font="Trebuchet MS"][ color=#FF61F4][ /color][ /font]
    edited June 2015

For reference OF these Code of Conduct rules see for the time being - Click Here And as Krittycat said above along with this post's 1st post the forums have NOT BEEN DELETED only unavailable until they finish moving them to the new forum. And I am sure the mod's from the old forums will be mods on the new forums soon enough so watch your attitude please. Thank you. :) <3

For reference OF these Code of Conduct rules see for the time being - Click Here
    & as Kitty said above along with this post's 1st post the forums have NOT BEEN DELETED only unavailable until they finish moving them to the new forum. And I am sure the mod's from the old forums will be mods on the new forums soon enough so watch your attitude please. Thank you. :)

You are not the boss of Me!
    EXH79YQ.gif
    For reference OF these Code of Conduct rules see for the time being - Click Here
    & as Kitty said above along with this post's 1st post the forums have NOT BEEN DELETED only unavailable until they finish moving them to the new forum. And I am sure the mod's from the old forums will be mods on the new forums soon enough so watch your attitude please. Thank you. :)

On a side note, I would be careful with that colorizer... as nice as it is, it's going to make some people unable to respond if your message is long enough, simply because you're going to hit the character limit. Also, it makes it impossible to read the quoted post to see the parts you want to reply to, thus forcing you to have to scroll up and down to actually type a coherent response. ;)

As was said, though, mods from various forums will be mods in their respective sub-forums after the migration is complete. I'm excited to get back to work after this whole thing is done. I want to see what they give us for mod tools. :)
    edited June 2015
    krittycat wrote: »

Yeah that would work if the Code of Conduct was enforced in a consistent manner, but it isn't.
    So therein lies the problem a "Subjective" Code of Conduct combined with Moderators with little to no formal training enforcing their own personal interpretation of the forum Code of Conduct.

revjimjones, please see my comment above if needed. Thank you.

Personally I've had a few hard times with mods on the other forums. Yes they sometimes misunderstand things but they like you & I are human's trying to do us all a free service. Abet they are god's in a way who at times need to evaluate things sometimes better; yet even so I still have become friends with at least 3 or more of them, the mod's who once wanted to ban me for a simple misunderstanding, can be reasonable. I know I am far from perfect, I'm a girl not a troll just a very loud girly girl who can, will & does make mistakes just as you or they can.

Now could we all just be reasonable or even civil & just chill while we wait for the old forums to be migrated to the new forums? Thank you
    <3 :blush:

I much prefer fighting the man than being the man.
    EXH79YQ.gif
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Posts: 1,730 Arc User
    Ok how about a solid color then.

That works for me. We should use the font too... lol
    Atwil (TR) \ Corvus Corax (GF) \ O'siris (CW) \ Sirius (HR) -- Civil Anarchy

Love PvP, but hate the pain associated with it? Send me a PM for a solution... the OfficialPuGPvP channel is LIVE.

If you throw a big rock into a pond the ripples have an effect on everything in the water. If you throw a little rock into a pond... there is very little disruption from the ripples.
    edited June 2015
    Ok we need a sticky so everyone knows that this is the "official" Sarcasm Color and Font.

FF3DF9
    Trebuchet MS
    EXH79YQ.gif
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    Really hope they fix the quotes within quotes issue. It's annoying.
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
    Really hope they fix the quotes within quotes issue. It's annoying.

Apparently they've been made aware of the quote-nesting issue. No estimate on when it'll be looked at or fixed, though.
  • toivatoiva Posts: 2,606 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That's just funny, even by simply copying the code from the supplied website, I can't manage to make a colored signature.

I must be unbelievably stupid. And a picture will have to make do.

toiva wrote: »
    That's just funny, even by simply copying the code from the supplied website, I can't manage to make a colored signature.

I must be unbelievably stupid. And a picture will have to make due.

You got a picture sig I am jealous.
    EXH79YQ.gif
    edited June 2015
    toiva wrote: »

I must be unbelievably stupid. And a picture will have to make do.

Hey, at least your signature shows up. I've done everything right, and still can't manage to get mine to show up. :expressionless:

EDIT: Ah, there it is. Finally. :expressionless:
  • eltecheltech Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Anyone having any issues where you click the next page arrow, or page number, and starts you at the bottom of the page? ...\o/ 1st temporary post \o/
  • gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    eltech wrote: »
    Anyone having any issues where you click the next page arrow, or page number, and starts you at the bottom of the page? ...\o/ 1st temporary post \o/

Yes. Even URL's you click that say "Latest" in them, generally do not actually take you to the latest post. I'm wondering if it's very picky about what browsers it wants to work with, or if it's just completely bugged.

EDIT: It seems to work sometimes, but not always.
    Post edited by gulberat on

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • opkossyopkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    All these sig issues make me afraid to touch my one.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Posts: 5,398 Arc User
    silverkelt wrote: »
    When lore is being banned.. not good.

I'm sure that is one of 1 million things not looked at with this migration.

I like the cut of your jib
    edited June 2015
    opkossy wrote: »
    All these sig issues make me afraid to touch my one.

In other news: GrumpyBumper works with the new system, meaning you can have multiple images, and it has a chance to change between them on every refresh of the page. :smiley:
  • aloishammeraloishammer Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    Yes. Even URL's you click that say "Latest" in them, generally do not actually take you to the latest post. I'm wondering if it's very picky about what browsers it wants to work with, or if it's just completely bugged.

Maybe it doesn't have all those fancy-schmancy features because, y'know, plain -wait for it- Vanilla.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the bank like a drunken fool.
    gulberat wrote: »

I'm not having the issue with the next page button that you all are having, and about the latest thing... that has been taking me to the latest post in a thread that I haven't read, even if it's not the last post.

Just for science, I'm using Chrome. :smile:
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Posts: 5,398 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    in-line images? yesss

YourTears.jpg

its coming
    edited June 2015
    How to post images

remove spaces I added [shouldbelikethis] vs [ not like this ] ;)
    [ img ]
    typeurlhere
    [ /img ]

keep-calm-and-moo-on-3.png

• daveynydaveyny Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    whaja do with her bumps???

She must be an ALIEN!!!
    STO Member since February 2009.
    Star Trek Fan since Sept. 8th, 1966.
    Still a STO Veteran Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif