test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Portal-Wide Forum Migration

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Posts: 2,034 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2015 in Community Announcements
Hey everyone!

Over the course of the week we're going to be migrating over our forums to Vanilla. This process will involve transitioning over our data from all of our old forums. We'll be periodically rolling out each of the forums into Vanilla once the data is moved over and properly sorted. We appreciate your patience as we go through the upgrade process.

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• askrayaskray Posts: 3,308 Community Moderator
    So...vacation? :tongue:
    Senior Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
    If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

• daveynydaveyny Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    Could you put STO in your thread titles so folks would at least have in inkling as to where to look?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    Star Trek Fan since Sept. 8th, 1966.
    Still a STO Veteran Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ummmm... where the frak is STO?!
  • gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Ummmm... where the hell is STO?!

They can't create the subforums until the import is complete. Having a version here that is being posted in, and a version being imported, would probably be a technical nightmare to reconcile, and seriously complicate the process. I'm thinking it's faster and less prone to explode this way.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Posts: 2,034 Cryptic Developer
    Migration requires data movement, compiling it into readable formats, adjusting flux capacitors, restructuring the old data hierarchy for forums into the new Vanilla ARC forums.. a bunch of wibbly wobbly forum worum stuff.
  • daymonddaymond Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This sux (s-u-c-k-s is censored? x_x )
    Siggy_zpsfwkxyvk2.gif
    www.YouTube.com/Kniraven
    daymond wrote: »

Yeah, and so is the four-letter version of "urinate." I found that one out myself...whoops.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Posts: 974 Arc User
    daymond wrote: »

Most of us knew it was coming.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Posts: 622 Arc User
    Any ETA at this point?
    Fenja Djuradin (GF) - Cyro (CW)

Provisional Self-Made DevTracker
    My Forum Readability Upgrade Style for Stylish
    My contributions to NWO:UNhttp://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/author/j0shi/
    /channel_join nwo:un
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    Any ETA at this point?
    ETA is in the first post - it's sometime this week, and as fast as possible.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
    If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

Any ETA at this point?
    It just started as of 10AM today. You might notice in our blog we mentioned that the migration would be happening over the course of this week.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Posts: 17 Arc User
    Any ETA at this point?

some time over the next week
  • random909random909 Posts: 67 Arc User
    So, will posting and stuff be easier that it was before? This new format.... It's so confusing.... So many buttons...
    random909 wrote: »
    So, will posting and stuff be easier that it was before? This new format.... It's so confusing.... So many buttons...
    To each their own really. There are some new options including animated avatars and signatures (course this also depends on what community you came from), which will pretty much be the running theme lol.

In my opinion? It's good. Better than vb3x, but not great.

• j0shi82j0shi82 Posts: 622 Arc User
    Thanks for the info guys!
    Fenja Djuradin (GF) - Cyro (CW)

Provisional Self-Made DevTracker
    My Forum Readability Upgrade Style for Stylish
    My contributions to NWO:UNhttp://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/author/j0shi/
    /channel_join nwo:un
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Posts: 698 Arc User
    Meh, let's see how it goes eh?
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • primar13primar13 Posts: 985 Arc User
    So Yeah.... Colored Fonts.... we NEEEEEEEEED Colored fonts... PWEASE!!!

Directive 010 - Purple Company Commander
    Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
    edited June 2015
    or not dang it.

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    primar13 wrote: »

I AGREE ;P
    "My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."
    gnmIUhe.jpg
    "She may have flaws, but she has teeth."
    askray wrote: »
    or not dang it.
    Okay then we need a Button with a Dropdown with a color wheel or something... you guys always had goofy color names over here compared to what I am used too. nE4Minb.png

Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • krittycatkrittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    <red>I AGREE</red> ;P

Just use BBCode ([/ color]), taking the space out between "color" and the =, then the other space between the / and "color" - HTML code isn't going to be activated due to potential for exploits.

OH, and ew... they broke multi-quoting. >.>
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 5,307 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So do we have a Star Trek Forum or is that still coming? I only ask because there is not one Star Trek thread that I can see on my screen at the new set up. I'm totally lost here. :(

Edit - Oh wait. I see Trendy's post now. I've booked marked this thread. I'll keep checking back to it until everything settles down.
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled internet.
    its coming...

Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • krittycatkrittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    So do we have a Star Trek Forum or is that still coming? I only ask because there is not one Star Trek thread that I can see on my screen at the new set up. I'm totally lost here. :(
    its coming...

The above post is correct. Right now, they're in the process of dumping the information from the old forums so that they can be migrated over to the Vanilla forums. There is no estimated time for how long it's going to take, so be patient. :)
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/

Use this link to get rid of the laggy arc shell they surrounded this with on the arcpage. Still a little laggier than the superior vBulletin we were using, but oh well.

Now, someone give me the ability to disable animated gifs, please! Too distracting.

Also, invites for Neverwinter Alpha Stronghold PVP testing are out guys :P
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    XB1 Thaumaturge PVE CW Build || NW_Legit_Community Moderator || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T

Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    Any ETA on when it should be complete? :)
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 9,748 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I presume that not all of the threads will be making the transition from STO... :smiley:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2015
    Now, someone give me the ability to disable animated gifs, please! Too distracting.

It is at least possible to disable all signatures, in your profile. If you don't want to do that, and you have an extension/add-on on your browser that you trust, like an ad blocker or image blocker, it may be possible to block individual images.
    Any ETA on when it should be complete? :)

Within the week, though I suspect about 2 days or so. Can't be sure of that since I'm not the one watching the little progress bar. ;)

• psychoplattpsychoplatt Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ..nothing..
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
    jonsills wrote: »
    I presume that not all of the threads will be making the transition from STO... :smiley:
    Hahahaha..... haahahahaha.... ha.... mmmm...