test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hey STO Folks... Here we are... Temporarily...

12345679»

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Posts: 19,038 Arc User
    mjarbar wrote: »
    Must...resist...urge...to ban...

Must...have...last...post...

AAAGGGHHHHhhhh...I can't take it anymore...your banned...everyone is banned...banned...

*Finds a quite corner and starts to whimper*
    questerius wrote: »
    Shame on you. No last posts for you.

Depending on the rules they finally end up with for the forums, could end up with quite a few folks having their...last posts.
  • questeriusquesterius Posts: 3,598 Arc User

AAAGGGHHHHhhhh...I can't take it anymore...your banned...everyone is banned...banned...

Seconded.

Btw, is it just me, or is it just that little bit more difficult now to see where a quote ends and the post begins? Before, a quote was contained in a box, but now... :/

EDIT

Raaaaaaaaaarg! Sig still won't co-operate!

I'm not fond of how quotes are shown on this particular forum. Liked the "box" we had on out old forum.

• virusdancervirusdancer Posts: 19,038 Arc User
    The thread needs a PvP subsection. :P

• mjarbarmjarbar Posts: 1,905 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I know at the moment there are a few problems with the formating, for example the bbcode to center your sig has to have the [ ] brackets changed to the html < > for it to work, and the quotes are broken for a lot of people in different ways depending of which browser and platform they are working on.

Somewhere around here Gulberat has made a new forum servival guide that should help.
    XULy4uP.jpg
    SUPPORT THE FOUNDRY - YOUR GATEWAY TO NEW CONTENT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Seconded.

Btw, is it just me, or is it just that little bit more difficult now to see where a quote ends and the post begins? Before, a quote was contained in a box, but now... :/

EDIT

Raaaaaaaaaarg! Sig still won't co-operate!

I'm not fond of how quotes are shown on this particular forum. Liked the "box" we had on out old forum.

GB: Right now, the biggest problem as far as readability is that nested quotes are broken, so you only get one level's worth of quoting.

This is the "Survival Guide." It's very much a living document, and will likely get some significant revisions tonight with some of the new stuff I find or I am told.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/8368/new-forum-survival-tips/p1

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Posts: 3,374 Arc User

Banned for whimpering! Wait. What? Where am I again?
    banner668x60b.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Posts: 3,598 Arc User
    A very nice comeback indeed.
  • gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »

Starting to feel like you're trapped in that alien mental institution where Riker was held prisoner?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • mjarbarmjarbar Posts: 1,905 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »

I am going to feel so much better for this...

Banned for you thought you was going to a new forum but YOU have entered the Twilight Zone...

Also a new place and a new start and you still don't get a hair cut...SHAME ON YOU!

There normal service has been resumed :smiley:

XULy4uP.jpg
    SUPPORT THE FOUNDRY - YOUR GATEWAY TO NEW CONTENT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • protogothprotogoth Posts: 2,260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    aesica wrote: »
    sander233 wrote: »
    but I here we can use .gif files for our avs and I have a few of those I may cycle through.
    Supposedly, but if you mean animated gifs, there seems to be some trick to it. All the ones I tried to use were set to static images.

@aesica, To set an animated forum avatar,

1) Go to:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/account
    2) Upload an animated GIF profile picture. It will automatically display in these forums.

To set an animated signature picture:

1) Select a permissible image to use as per ToS or upload an animated GIF to a GIF sharing site like imgur.com.
    2) Go to your forum profile -> Preferences -> Signature Settings
    3) Paste the link of the picture in the Image URL dropdown and click Enter.
    4) Click Save.

I didn't try the signature, but the avatar doesn't animate in the fora (and man, is it ever small next to my post!). I refreshed and still had the same avatar as before, and then went ahead and uploaded the animated gif to my forum profile to be used as an avatar, and the result was that it displays the first image in the animation and not the entire thing.

And man, is it ever small in the fora! It would be super if that size could be increased, because as it is, I would have to put on reading glasses to make out what it is if I didn't already know.

Edit:
    Meh, I'm going to go back to the old one in the fora for now. Maybe this can be sorted in the future, but I would prefer to have something that's discernible.
    Fleets_Banner_2015-05-01_0950.jpg
    Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann -- Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
    Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
    ahr'Lleiset mnhei'sahe mnei. Our chief governing passion is Freedom.
    Republic Veteran!!!

I'm still female, so please stop referring to me as "he."
  • guljarolguljarol Posts: 469 Arc User
    protogoth wrote: »

And man, is it ever small in the fora! It would be super if that size could be increased, because as it is, I would have to put on reading glasses to make out what it is if I didn't already know.

Pres "Ctrl" and "+". It'll make the font and page bigger.

Arrrrgghhhhhh! !! !

!!!

Must have STO fora soon! Withdrawal setting in!
    guljarol wrote: »

The font is fine. It's the size of the avatar that bothers me. Our avatars on the old site were bigger.
    Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
    Republic Veteran!!!

edited June 2015
    guljarol wrote: »

The font is fine. It's the size of the avatar that bothers me. Our avatars on the old site were bigger.

Oops, sorry for double post.

Republic Veteran!!!

• aesicaaesica Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015

1) Go to:
    2) Upload an animated GIF profile picture. It will automatically display in these forums.

1) Select a permissible image to use as per ToS or upload an animated GIF to a GIF sharing site like imgur.com.
    4) Click Save.
    Testing to see if this works and...

Edit: Nope, doesn't seem to. The animated gif works fine on my main arc page, but it doesn't transfer over here.

Edit2: Nevermind, all working. Like Comcast, these forums do what they're supposed to, even if getting things to actually work is anything but intuitive.
    Post edited by aesica on
  • primar13primar13 Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    aesica wrote: »

1) Go to:

4) Click Save.
    Testing to see if this works and...

Edit: Nope, doesn't seem to. The animated gif works fine on my main arc page, but it doesn't transfer over here.

Edit2: Nevermind, all working. Like Comcast, these forums do what they're supposed to, even if getting things to actually work is anything but intuitive.

Workaround if the Images are not working in your Sig.

1. Do Everything suggested above.
    2. Submit, and see if it works if now
    3. Open your Signature Editor
    4. Choose the Html Toggle
      • This will show you the HTML Code that the Site converted your Signature BBcode into
    5. Locate the unconverted BBCode ( [ IMG] Tag Section Only) for the image. It should have converted to HTML
    6. Replace the unconverted Code with correct HTML Code for the image location.
    7. Hit the HTML Mode Toggle Again.
    8. Your image should appear IMMEDIATELY, if it doesn't check your code
    9. Hit Submit
    10. PROFIT!

Directive 010 - Purple Company Commander
    Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • shwornshworn Posts: 1 Arc User
    i think it would be great if they came out with more borg stuff. like being able to modle your starbase like a unimatrix or some such.
  • well until i can post a actual thread i guess i will add it here how about Arc For STO stop temp banning people for leaving a match early and making it so you cant do public ques wtf gives anyway with that ? why do you need such a rule to punish the player for leaving stupidest rule i've seen on a game it's not the players fault that other players suck and cant get the job done in a que and wasting all that time and effort put in but sorry but failing is for sissies i can solo most of the damn ques but since they dont allow for you to actually solo the game you have to have a team . so that is one suggestion the other is why not make the PBAOEs for just a single player for ships or either for fleet members in team i really like and prefer the single buff idea. annoys me that players want to fight over buffs its stupid or pop out different buffs . why because arc you have turned this game into something evil were you force the player from starting out as a noob to throwing them into the deep in from the start and no player or even fleet members help they are so annoying that they think even as new player which im not but just saying that every or almost every player in the game thinks you got to earn everything you get in the game which is true but still cut noobs some slack or at the very least make a manual on how to play because most if not all players in the game are Aholes minus the few good ones out their they are that way for a reason because the game teaches no patience what so ever . and the last suggestion is how about making it more interesting in actually getting people more involved when it comes to fleet give them a incentive of some kind for joining or by making side missions /story for joining a fleet . anyways wishful thinking but it is what it is . the temp ban from joining ques is BS!!! BS thats punishing us players for leaving early smh .