test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

testing, bug-hunting, and finding exploits

1505152535456»

Comments

• nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    @eiledon I confirmed that the official PWI server status system is basically 100% fabricated or inaccurate if you will. I monitored it during maintenance and while my results and in-game results showed the server as being off, not once did PWE's version show this. It was green all the way through. I would recommend changing it out.

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    Yeah I am sure I read somewhere on the FW forums that theirs were borked too.. dino3-21.gif

Looks like (shocker) cryptic games are the only ones maintaining their status links (as they show status directly in their respective launchers.)
    ​​
    nrglg wrote: »
    eiledon wrote: »
    Perhaps you could have sweetiebot output a file based on your current method of checking server status? a simple json file with Coast > Server > up/down status etc. Could then use that to populate this if the current method proves to be less than useful ;D

In order to check if the game is available, you have to open a socket up to port 29000 on the servers and check if it returns data a length greater than 1 that isn't null.

If you want something, this has the current status updated every minute: http://status.nrgs.org/games/pings.json
    It is linked by http://status.nrgs.org/services.min.json
    The "-TF" is a -1 or 1 value in pings.json represents whether or not it could establish a connection to the game. The other value is the ping time which does not represent whether or not the game is down. TIMESTAMP is the unix timestamp at the time the check was done.
    @eiledon I confirmed that the official PWI server status system is basically 100% fabricated or inaccurate if you will. I monitored it during maintenance and while my results and in-game results showed the server as being off, not once did PWE's version show this. It was green all the way through. I would recommend changing it out.

@nrglg I noted earlier in the thread you had FW & PWI server status in your image output, do you have FW available as json files like the above pwi stuff?

Btw I found the following details for Jade Dynasty:

port:29000

jdwest1.perfectworld.com "Doom Bog"
    jdeast1.perfectworld.com "The Billows"
    jdeast2.perfectworld.com "Wildlands"

Just waiting for some info back on the European servers (and maybe BOI and WOI servers)

​​
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    I like how the greyscale highlights the unread posts. Could you make it do the same for categories with new posts in them?​​
  • nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    @eiledon I disabled FW because I was having issues with their servers. I also have plans to overhaul the system because as it stands, it is not scalable. I'll let you know when I have something substantial.

@sylenthunder Yes I could. I think I did that for Pro Red during the major update I did to it recently. I want to pull in the changes from that and apply it to the others and Grayscale. I'll attempt to get to them when I'm free again...

Unreleated: Here's a few fun pictures I only took literal minutes ago. I saw some really overt bots logging in. There must have been a minimum of 200 of them that logged in and out over like a period of an 30 minutes or something. I actually logged out because I finally got bored of watching them log in and out repeatedly. They were still going. I wonder if PWE cares...

http://dump.nrgs.org/pwpw/pwi/PWIJJBots.png
    http://dump.nrgs.org/pwpw/pwi/PWIJJBots2.png​​​
    Post edited by nrglg on

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
    edited August 2015
    Such as it is (really only works for CO, STO and NW) I have made the change so Game Server Status addin works on forum.arcgames.com and the embedded shizzle.

Also Discussion manager - changed include so it works on new forums. - did plan to do a bigger code revamp on this due to the disappearing/reappearing pager buttons in recent weeks but think i will wait till things settle down a bit. Note: In embedded version - Autopaging not working, scrolling To Top and To Bottom buttons not moving with page. correction looks like filter not working either.. seems to work fine on direct version.​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
  • asterelleasterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    An embedded quote
    A quote with an embedded quotes
    An embedded quote
    Are embedded quotes broken or something?​​
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    asterelle wrote: »
    An embedded quote
    A quote with an embedded quotes
    An embedded quote
    Are embedded quotes broken or something?

Yes, completely, both in HTML and BBCode. Has been for days, and I cannot get support to acknowledge there's an issue outside of "we'll inform management".​​
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    testing things that appear to be broken elsewhere.

Perhaps you could have sweetiebot output a file based on your current method of checking server status? a simple json file with Coast > Server > up/down status etc. Could then use that to populate this if the current method proves to be less than useful ;D

In order to check if the game is available, you have to open a socket up to port 29000 on the servers and check if it returns data a length greater than 1 that isn't null.

If you want something, this has the current status updated every minute: http://status.nrgs.org/games/pings.json
    It is linked by http://status.nrgs.org/services.min.json
    The "-TF" is a -1 or 1 value in pings.json represents whether or not it could establish a connection to the game. The other value is the ping time which does not represent whether or not the game is down. TIMESTAMP is the unix timestamp at the time the check was done.

@nrglg I noted earlier in the thread you had FW & PWI server status in your image output, do you have FW available as json files like the above pwi stuff?

Btw I found the following details for Jade Dynasty:

port:29000

jdwest1.perfectworld.com "Doom Bog"
    jdeast1.perfectworld.com "The Billows"
    jdeast2.perfectworld.com "Wildlands"

Just waiting for some info back on the European servers (and maybe BOI and WOI servers)

<code class="CodeInline">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.</code>

<div class="Spoiler">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.</div>

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.​​
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    what a mess​​