test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

testing, bug-hunting, and finding exploits

Comments

• asterelleasterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    Uggh did they disable the ability to remove the Vanilla avatar after you set it? I can't upgrade vanillabot to a gif now.
    That makes me want to make a new account now.
    ​​
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    Uggh did they disable the ability to remove the Vanilla avatar after you set it? I can't upgrade vanillabot to a gif now.
    That makes me want to make a new account now.

i wasnt able to remove my vanilla avatar when i was trying to get a larger av happening last week.​​
    edited July 2015
    700 posts in and many of the most annoying problems with this board have been resolved.
    Did you know it is currently impossible to properly quote the first post of a discussion in BBCode? Try clicking on the anchor » and see where it takes you.​​
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    700 posts in and many of the most annoying problems with this board have been resolved.

Testing.

Wowsers, hadn't noticed that at all. That's a bit irritating.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User

You can't quote post types that are different from your own. I was adding a post type changer to the extension yesterday and got distracted. I should finish that...

the vast majority of vanillaforums usability and aesthetic shortcoming have been addressed by two members, @nrglg and @asterelle. they have combined their efforts and packaged their auto-updating css and javascript improvements into a tampermonkey/stylish script that can be found here. go there and check it out. you wont be sorry.

​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
    nrglg wrote: »
    You can't quote post types that are different from your own. I was adding a post type changer to the extension yesterday and got distracted. I should finish that...

the vast majority of vanillaforums usability and aesthetic shortcoming have been addressed by two members, @nrglg and @asterelle. they have combined their efforts and packaged their auto-updating css and javascript improvements into a tampermonkey/stylish script that can be found here. go there and check it out. you wont be sorry.

All the editor controls and the comment previews only support BBCode, at least atm. I don't think it's worthwhile to support markdown or limited html when everyone is comfortable with BBCode and there isn't much to be gained. (well I guess we'd get font size back)
    ​​
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    Had some time today so I did some more work on the autopaging to try and resolve the skipped search results, have amended the load method so fingers crossed that will solve the problem. Version 0.4 is available now ;D​​
  • dblazen1dblazen1 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    @asterelle using windows 10 at the moment for testing purposes, it doesn't show all the correct characters for the text emojis, I know it had something to do with a font or character encoding or something in that area, but I can't put my finger on what it was.
    Happen to have any clue what it was that made sure that those emojis show correctly, instead of the infamous rectangles (looking like [])​​
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    @asterelle using windows 10 at the moment for testing purposes, it doesn't show all the correct characters for the text emojis, I know it had something to do with a font or character encoding or something in that area, but I can't put my finger on what it was.
    Happen to have any clue what it was that made sure that those emojis show correctly, instead of the infamous rectangles (looking like [])
    If you mean the various icons on vanilla most of them are glyphs in a 'vanillicon.ttf' font, I'm not sure why that wouldn't load but check your browser settings. Emoji in text also have to be supported by whatever font your browser uses. Since I don't know more specifics just search google for emoji support in windows 10 fonts.​​
  • dblazen1dblazen1 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Happen to have any clue what it was that made sure that those emojis show correctly, instead of the infamous rectangles (looking like [])
    If you mean the various icons on vanilla most of them are glyphs in a 'vanillicon.ttf' font, I'm not sure why that wouldn't load but check your browser settings. Emoji in text also have to be supported by whatever font your browser uses. Since I don't know more specifics just search google for emoji support in windows 10 fonts.

Ah, I figured it out, turns out windows 10 font support is horrid by default, I had to go around into settings --> time and language --> add language --> kannada
    To get the font that is needed to display those characters.
    Japanese, chinese, etc. fonts aren't installed by default either.

For example: ಠ_ಠ needed a kannada font

Now I just need to figure out which languages are needed for some others like ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Ok, looks like that one needed inuktitut

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

are still not displaying correctly
    Windows 10, y u do this​​
    Kannada... TETSUO!

Sorry couldn't help myself.. i'll get me coat..
    ​​
    edited October 2015

Testing format changer....

Let's see if it works like this...

Edit: It did! Great, no extra work there then...

I did something stupidly simple, just replaced the hidden input with a select-option box with all of the post format types. This is easy to implement.

Post format changer coming soon...

Edit: Testing editor injection (should break markdown layout)

Edit: I finished It could be done fancier...
    Post format changer for Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey: https://github.com/Goodlookinguy/pwvnrg/raw/master/post-format-changer/post-format-changer.user.js

Edit: It seems to break the enhancement emote input for some reason...
    Edit: Meh, I'll check it out tomorrow. Very tired...​​

Post edited by nrglg on

• ovenusarmanioovenusarmanio Posts: 301 Community Moderator
    Testing123​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Further enhancements to autopager. Version 0.4.5 - Added autopaging to forum Activity, Profile Discussions and Profile Comments pages. Also added jump to next/prev page buttons for loaded data added alongside page number headers. ​​
    edited August 2015
    nrglg wrote: »
    Testing format changer....
    I was wondering where the heck your click handler was but then noticed that you just replaced the hidden input with the select form. It seems to break every editor button though. I don't think any of the buttons are smart enough to switch modes depending on the current value of Form_Format or if they require to be init'd in a certain way. Which of the buttons should even be enabled in Text or Markdown formats?
    eiledon wrote: »
    Further enhancements to autopager. Version 0.4.5 - Added autopaging to forum Activity, Profile Discussions and Profile Comments pages. Also added jump to next/prev page buttons for loaded data added alongside page number headers.
    Yeah I was wondering about those pages since I don't use them but good to have it for the sake of completeness. I'm really liking the usability changes in this version, the page controls are nice and the loading doesn't feel as agressive. Maybe there should be a quick pause button on the page controls so you can get to the form on the bottom without it running away from you? I'm not really a fan of the dark grey styling on the buttons and would think a transparent white would be more neutral but this is something I can play around a bit with. I'm actually fine with it as is (though I might want to make a pass at reorganizing the settings later) let me know when you're happy with it and we'll see about integrating it into the extension.​​
    0.4.6 added autopage pause toggle in each page header - not that happy with icon choice at present but I stuck with vanillicons to save faffing about with seperate icons. mayhaps there is a better solution to these.

As for integrating it, I think give it a day to see if we come up with any more issues - of if the search page is still skipping results - it shouldnt but I would prefer some independent confirmation ;D
    ​​
    I was wondering where the heck your click handler was but then noticed that you just replaced the hidden input with the select form. It seems to break every editor button though.

I feel stupid. All I had to do was make the select-option box change the hidden input value. It appears that all major Vanilla form systems rely on that hidden input box, who knew? That would explain why both your buttons and theirs were broken by it.
    I don't think any of the buttons are smart enough to switch modes depending on the current value of Form_Format or if they require to be init'd in a certain way. Which of the buttons should even be enabled in Text or Markdown formats?

If you switch formats and save, then click to edit, it brings up different menus. Find the mechanism that controls that and you could figure out how to change the buttons dynamically. I may try to solve this myself, but like I've said before, I'm not a frontend developer and this stuff is relatively more difficult for me than it appears to be for you.​​

edited August 2015
    0.4.6 added autopage pause toggle in each page header - not that happy with icon choice at present but I stuck with vanillicons to save faffing about with seperate icons. mayhaps there is a better solution to these.

As for integrating it, I think give it a day to see if we come up with any more issues - of if the search page is still skipping results - it shouldnt but I would prefer some independent confirmation ;D

I'm kinda surprised there is no pause icon.

I'm actually tired of having to look those up so here they all are:

Keywords: #vanillicon #icons #glyphs #font #symbols #css

 .icon-adjust
     .icon-agree
     .icon-align-center
     .icon-align-justify
     .icon-align-left
     .icon-align-right
     .icon-angry
     .icon-archive
     .icon-arrow-down
     .icon-arrow-left
     .icon-arrow-right
     .icon-arrow-up
     .icon-ban
     .icon-bar-chart
     .icon-bell
     .icon-bold
     .icon-bookmark
     .icon-bookmark-empty
     .icon-bug
     .icon-bullhorn
     .icon-bullseye
     .icon-calendar
     .icon-camera
     .icon-caret-down
     .icon-caret-left
     .icon-caret-right
     .icon-caret-up
     .icon-certificate
     .icon-check
     .icon-check-empty
     .icon-check-sign
     .icon-chevron-down
     .icon-chevron-left
     .icon-chevron-right
     .icon-chevron-sign-down
     .icon-chevron-sign-left
     .icon-chevron-sign-right
     .icon-chevron-sign-up
     .icon-chevron-up
     .icon-circle
     .icon-circle-blank
     .icon-cloud
     .icon-cloud-download
     .icon-cloud-upload
     .icon-code
     .icon-cog
     .icon-cogs
     .icon-collapse
     .icon-collapse-top
     .icon-comment
     .icon-comments
     .icon-compass
     .icon-compose
     .icon-crown
     .icon-dashboard
     .icon-discussion
     .icon-dot-circle
     .icon-dropbox
     .icon-edit
     .icon-edit-sign
     .icon-ellipsis
     .icon-exclamation-sign
     .icon-expand
     .icon-external-link
     .icon-eye-close
     .icon-eye-open
     .icon-facebook
     .icon-facebook-alt
     .icon-file
     .icon-file-text
     .icon-filter
     .icon-flag
     .icon-flame
     .icon-folder-close
     .icon-folder-open
     .icon-font
     .icon-frown
     .icon-gift
     .icon-github
     .icon-globe
     .icon-google-plus
     .icon-google-plus-alt
     .icon-group
     .icon-hand-down
     .icon-hand-left
     .icon-hand-right
     .icon-hand-up
     .icon-heart
     .icon-home
     .icon-inbox
     .icon-indent-left
     .icon-indent-right
     .icon-info-sign
     .icon-italic
     .icon-jail
     .icon-key
     .icon-lightbulb
     .icon-link
     .icon-linkedin
     .icon-linkedin-alt
     .icon-list-ol
     .icon-list-ul
     .icon-lock
     .icon-lol
     .icon-mail
     .icon-mail-open
     .icon-map-marker
     .icon-meh
     .icon-menu
     .icon-minus-sign
     .icon-mobile-phone
     .icon-mod
     .icon-nib
     .icon-note
     .icon-ok
     .icon-ok-circle
     .icon-ok-sign
     .icon-paper-clip
     .icon-paragraph
     .icon-pencil
     .icon-permalink
     .icon-picture
     .icon-pinterest
     .icon-pinterest-alt
     .icon-play-circle
     .icon-plus-sign
     .icon-poll
     .icon-preview
     .icon-pushpin
     .icon-question
     .icon-question-sign
     .icon-quote
     .icon-refresh
     .icon-remove
     .icon-remove-sign
     .icon-repeat
     .icon-reply
     .icon-reply-all
     .icon-report
     .icon-resize-full
     .icon-resize-small
     .icon-retweet
     .icon-robot
     .icon-rss
     .icon-salesforce
     .icon-search
     .icon-select
     .icon-share
     .icon-shield
     .icon-sign-blank
     .icon-signin
     .icon-signout
     .icon-skull
     .icon-smile
     .icon-source
     .icon-spam
     .icon-star
     .icon-star-empty
     .icon-star-half-empty
     .icon-steam
     .icon-strikethrough
     .icon-subscript
     .icon-superscript
     .icon-table
     .icon-tag
     .icon-tags
     .icon-th
     .icon-th-large
     .icon-th-list
     .icon-thumbs-down
     .icon-thumbs-up
     .icon-ticket
     .icon-time
     .icon-trash
     .icon-troll
     .icon-trophy
     .icon-twitter
     .icon-twitter-alt
     .icon-underline
     .icon-undo
     .icon-unlink
     .icon-unlock
     .icon-user
     .icon-vcard
     .icon-video
     .icon-warn
     .icon-warning-sign
     .icon-wtf
     .icon-zendesk
    ​​
    edited August 2015
    EDIT: HTML tables fail...​​
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User

Thank you for the pause feature! It's something I'd meant to mention to you a few times but then I forgot. There have been instances where I've tried to reply to an OP and quoting it starts an endless auto paging before I actually get to the leave a comment box haha. Like when I was testing quoting the OP from this thread, 50+ pages auto loading was a nightmare so I had to go and toggle it off and try again.

I am so grateful of it normally though, especially in places like search results and bookmarks.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
    edited August 2015

[th]Icon[/th][th]Name[/th]
    .icon-adjust
    .icon-agree
    .icon-align-center

why does nothing work as you expect it in vanilla. table bbcode is another awol function, and wrapping font around a [ table] seems to be ignored anyway

​​
    Fixed the post format changer: https://github.com/Goodlookinguy/pwvnrg/raw/master/post-format-changer/post-format-changer.user.js

Now it doesn't break the controls. Who knew that the hidden element was so vital to controls functioning.​​

edited August 2015
    Testing something..​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
    Sweetiebot open 100 year of the tiger packs​​
  • sweetiebot2sweetiebot2 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Sweetiebot open 100 year of the tiger packs
    You've opened 100 [url]27892.gif[/url] Year of the Tiger Packs!

You've won:
    1500 Perfect·Token of Luck
    edited August 2015
    Sweetiebot open 100 War Avatar Pack A
    Sweetiebot how are you feeling today?

EDIT:Man how do I break the search cache here...
    ​​
    edited August 2015
    Sweetiebot show server status
    Sweetiebot tell me a joke

Ya this search cache is only updating like every 15 minutes tiger-9.gif not frequently enough. Maybe if I use the notification interface instead it would be better..
    ​​
  • sweetiebot2sweetiebot2 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Sweetiebot show server status
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 119ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 124ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 135ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 118ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 83ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 87ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 59ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 140ms)
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    Now to make Sweetiebot work for the other 18-ish games samurai-25.gif​​