Sweetiebot, open 1000 glorious mirth
  • asterelleasterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    rosdom wrote: »
    Sweetiebot, open 1000 glorious mirth
    Sweetiebot died a month ago. I'll resurrect her some day.​​
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    asterelle wrote: »
    Ohh. I added part of the promo link stuff but haven't fully exposed it yet. The idea is that people can go to the signature page and press a button that adds a link to their signature which promotes the extension and this is how they earn a custom title. The link is only visible to non enhanced people. Your sig link is being interpreted as the promo link but you already have a title so you don't get the promo title. It's still visible to the non enhanced though. Maybe I should make the detection more strict.

If I can get the majority of people to use the extension there are some interesting forum events and games I can do.
    where at in the sig? my theme is pretty brutal to sigs and its possible the link wont survive the 150px overflow if people use images in their sig.
    i suppose i should restrict images more anyway. i can limit images to 100 and that leaves 50px for text links.

edit: just realised there will be a conditional, so none of what i wrote matters. i will change the sig regardless though​​
    Ohh. I added part of the promo link stuff but haven't fully exposed it yet. The idea is that people can go to the signature page and press a button that adds a link to their signature which promotes the extension and this is how they earn a custom title. The link is only visible to non enhanced people. Your sig link is being interpreted as the promo link but you already have a title so you don't get the promo title. It's still visible to the non enhanced though. Maybe I should make the detection more strict.

If I can get the majority of people to use the extension there are some interesting forum events and games I can do.
    where at in the sig? my theme is pretty brutal to sigs and its possible the link wont survive the 150px overflow if people use images in their sig.
    i suppose i should restrict images more anyway. i can limit images to 100 and that leaves 50px for text links.

edit: just realised there will be a conditional, so none of what i wrote matters. i will change the sig regardless though
    Don't worry about it. Even if you put display: none on it it will still be in the DOM unless the user has chosen to not show signatures. CSS wouldn't affect this functionality.
    ​​
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    Not sure why this 'admincheck' box has suddenly appeared.
    http://i.imgur.com/E7JdVIY.jpg
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    I think its related to mass editing of posts - probably shouldnt be visible to us plebs ;D​​
  • vladculvladcul Posts: 32 Arc User
    What size(s) is/are good for images for the custom background option in the Enhancement? Minimum size? Will it automatically downscale an image to fit?

From working on the original CO wiki for years I have a metric <BLEEP>-ton of stuff I've been debating about organizing into a gallery so people can have more CO options.
    ​​
    I would guess these days nothing smaller than 1200 pixels wide really given the proliferation of higher screen resolutions. The addin uses background-size: cover css which scales the background to the page size - so better to scale down than up usually to avoid pixellation​​
    edited July 2015
    @vladcul
    Generally normal wallpaper aspect ratios and resolutions work best. It will zoom the wallpaper to fill background completely while preserving the aspect ratio. It doesn't work well in the embedded version unfortunately so browsing the native version at http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com is recommended.
    ​​
  • nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hey, anyone know if there's a setting to get automatically notified for threads that you've posted in? I keep having to bookmark every thread I reply in and while it wasn't annoying at first, for some reason it's slowly bothering me more.

The moment I post that is the time I find the option... tiger-18.gif​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
    nrglg wrote: »
    Hey, anyone know if there's a setting to get automatically notified for threads that you've posted in? I keep having to bookmark every thread I reply in and while it wasn't annoying at first, for some reason it's slowly bothering me more.

The moment I post that is the time I find the option... tiger-18.gif

You know, I actually started out using the notification system, but when I realised it notifies you for every new post made since you last read the thread I gave up and decided bookmarking was less of a headache (came on the first few days to over a hundred notifications at a time). I'd actually welcome a sort of "auto bookmark" for threads you post in. As sometimes I forget to hit the button.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
  • comrademococomrademoco Posts: 592 Arc User
    Yo, I think im enjoying the Custom Title and Promotion Sig Link a little too much....

oh yeah question me this... is it possible to get the enhancements for when I am in mobile??? tiger-3.giftiger-4.giftiger-47.gif​​
    User script support on mobile doesn't look that great. Also the mobile site seems significantly different in layout so most of the ui would have to be adapted.
    edited July 2015
    I guess if you use a browser on your mobile which allows you to choose to view a mobile or standard web version of the site and also has an addin for scripting it should work. However then you might lose out on benefits the mobile version may have which are optimised for phones (haven't tried it on mobile so not sure if any benefit other than formatted for screen size)

https://openuserjs.org/about/Tampermonkey-for-Android (for chrome/opera amongst others) could work. I am sure chrome on android lets you choose between mobile and standard desktop view for websites - edit: looks like safari on ios also has a Request Desktop Site option so you would just need to figure out using user scripts on safari - again there may be a plug in already available.

​​
    I wasn't actually aware there was a dedicated mobile 'friendly' version of the site. I always just go to the standard one and scroll around the place haha.
    So far (on Android) I haven't found any reliable methods for getting the enhancement working. There is a Tampermonkey app, but it's buggy as hell and just kept failing to even install the script let alone make use of it. That's not a limitation from this script, it failed to install over a dozen scripts I tried.
    There is also a Tampermonkey addon for the Android Dolphin browser, though again it was spotty at best and Dolphin doesn't use a lot of the more up to date CSS references so most of the themes just plain don't work on it.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    ugh.
    just logged in and it looks like i have more theme work to do now. please tell me all these changes arent !important...​​
    ugh.
    just logged in and it looks like i have more theme work to do now. please tell me all these changes arent !important...

Thankfully it doesn't look like the changes have been made !important. At least, none of the things I had to change back seemed to be.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited July 2015
    so things i have noticed being altered are the horizontal postbits (paddings and some text colour changed), reactions linehights are stuffed now, spoilers, fontfaces everywhere, a global link and hover change, avatars in threadlist, ...

what have you guys found?​​
    edited July 2015
    so things i have noticed being altered are the horizontal postbits (paddings and some text colour changed), reactions linehights are stuffed now, spoilers, fontfaces everywhere, a global link and hover change, avatars in threadlist, ...

what have you guys found?

The quick fixes I put out earlier just covered this.
    /*----Quick fixes for Trendy's new changes which just don't work with the themes----*/
    a { color: #FFF; }
    a:hover { text-decoration: none; }
    .MiniPager a, .MiniPager span { text-decoration:none; color:#FFF; }
    a.Title, .BlockTitle { font-weight: bold !important; color:#FFF; }
    .UserLink { color: #FFF; }
    body { color:#FFF; }

/*bring back profile images on thread listings*/
    .ProfilePhotoSmall { display:inline-block; }

/*Put category back on the end of the thread and add a space*/
    .MItem.Category { display:inline-block; }
    .MItem.Category::before { content:'\00a0'; }

There are probably other things I need to address but those were the immediate eye sores I spotted. I've been working on php and CSS edits for my own site though so haven't had a lot of time to sift through everything. Wishing I'd made a backup of the original site CSS file so I could compare it to the current one. ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg

Ah probably yes, for some silly reason I assumed because they had access to the standard CSS they would just edit that... Oh well, should make tracking down the edits easier at least.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited July 2015
    So am I mistaken or is the size bbcode disabled? I noticed my guide did not have any distinct font size to differentiate the sections from the regular text or the lesser importance text.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

If it's not just me, please confirm the above numbers are the same size (they shouldn't be). I want to protest this change big time. Most changes I've been "meh" about. This however, is very important to the style and format of my guide and many other guides.​​

edited July 2015

I want to see if this is disabled as well...

h1

h2

h3

h4

h5
    h6

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

As far as I can tell, only BBCode sizes have been disabled.​​

edited July 2015
    Really? that would be really lame. testing

Pff ya seems that way. I guess I'll disable that control.

How about different fonts?​​
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Damn, so how did you change sizes on second post?
    I want to see if this is disabled as well...

h1

h2

h3

h4

h5

h6

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

As far as I can tell, only BBCode sizes have been disabled.
    ​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long [font="title-Space Cadet ☮"][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    If any CMs, Mods or forum devs are reading this thread, please give us size codes back.​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long [font="title-Space Cadet ☮"][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    smeeinn1t wrote: »

It's a secret. Seriously, I'm going to keep it secret for now as I don't want sizes on it to be removed. I need it for my guides. However, I will go complain about that on the main feedback thread for this stuff.​​

Some things I can slightly see their logic with. Disabling BBC sizing is not one of those things.​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    test
    smeeinn1t wrote: »

It's a secret. Seriously, I'm going to keep it secret for now as I don't want sizes on it to be removed. I need it for my guides. However, I will go complain about that on the main feedback thread for this stuff.

Dig it, shame as now my sig text is too big, already had to resize sig once. Wish they would at least let us know about upcoming changes.​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    edited July 2015
    For anyone who doesn't like Zalgo text to invade on anything seen (like myself), I made a simple way to block it without much fuss.

Make sure you have GreaseMonkey or TamperMonkey installed...
    Complex Version: https://github.com/Goodlookinguy/pwvnrg/raw/master/anti-zalgo/antizalgo-complex.user.js
    Simple Version: https://github.com/Goodlookinguy/pwvnrg/raw/master/anti-zalgo/antizalgo-simple.user.js

The difference between the versions is that the complex one is setup in an optimized way to calculate faster and the simple one is dumb. However, do to various strange circumstances, the simple one can be faster than the complex one. I'm genuinely not sure why. So I posted both for usage. I'm still not completely done blocking all text bits, although I am about half way there. For the most part, this will work nearly 100% of the time even at its incomplete list state.
    Post edited by nrglg on