test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

testing, bug-hunting, and finding exploits

Comments

• dblazen1dblazen1 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    @nrglg did you remove the style for avatars size or what's going on?

edit:
    Eh, never mind, I didn't see that it got changed to addons in the themes section.
    Wonder why this was made a separate option though​​
  • ediraedira Posts: 32 Arc User
    @nrglg you looking for something like this? Tracerouting Forsaken World Servers​​
    Forsaken World - Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
  • nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    @edira Yes! That is exactly what I was looking for. That makes those two for now.

dblazen1 wrote: »

edit:
    Eh, never mind, I didn't see that it got changed to addons in the themes section.
    Wonder why this was made a separate option though

Because the way themes and addons were done was changed. I extracted that part out as per Asterelle's suggestion. I actually think it works better this way.​​
    Post edited by nrglg on

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    why does every alert seem to require its own css?
    themers, add .AlertMessage to your collection.​​
  • nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    Why does anything work how it works on this forum? tiger-50.gif​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    I'm sure somebody, somewhere, has some reason for it... I'm just not sure any of us will ever understand that reason.​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    pre release of Discussion Manager is available for testing

Click here to install (Note if you have the previous discussion filter running best to disable it or remove it)

Settings can be accessed via the blue funnel icon on the top user menu. Selected Features and Filter settings are stored between sessions.

Autopage - triggers when the 'last loaded' page header scrolls off top of page or when bottom of page is reached - with filter on I had to jiggle the mouse at the bottom of the page to get further pages to load (but I had reached about page 30 on the discussions list before that happened). Autopage works on Discussions Lists and within actual discussions to load next page of comments. When autopage is disabled any pages loaded by it are removed.

Scroll Buttons - simply adds a Jump to Bottom icon to top right corner of window and a corresponding Jump to Top button at the bottom right corner. These will always be in view as you scroll

Filter - Works on discussions lists. When enabled, exclusion of various discussion types (e.g polls) or by wether there are comments or not (this might need the rules tweaked). When disabled the checkboxes are not selectable and all discussions are shown

Oh - almost forgot - Reset to Default will funnily enough clear localstorage and reapply hardcoded values from code.

Now - HAVE AT IT!

RtcjLDn.gif

​​
    eiledon wrote: »

Click here to install (Note if you have the previous discussion filter running best to disable it or remove it)

Settings can be accessed via the blue funnel icon on the top user menu. Selected Features and Filter settings are stored between sessions.

Autopage - triggers when the 'last loaded' page header scrolls off top of page or when bottom of page is reached - with filter on I had to jiggle the mouse at the bottom of the page to get further pages to load (but I had reached about page 30 on the discussions list before that happened). Autopage works on Discussions Lists and within actual discussions to load next page of comments. When autopage is disabled any pages loaded by it are removed.

Scroll Buttons - simply adds a Jump to Bottom icon to top right corner of window and a corresponding Jump to Top button at the bottom right corner. These will always be in view as you scroll

Filter - Works on discussions lists. When enabled, exclusion of various discussion types (e.g polls) or by wether there are comments or not (this might need the rules tweaked). When disabled the checkboxes are not selectable and all discussions are shown

Oh - almost forgot - Reset to Default will funnily enough clear localstorage and reapply hardcoded values from code.

Now - HAVE AT IT!

RtcjLDn.gif

5:30 am here so not a good time to test it properly, but I've installed it and will give it a good looking at tomorrow. :D
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
  • asterelleasterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    dblazen1 wrote: »

edit:
    Wonder why this was made a separate option though

Ahh it's pretty cool! I think the autopaging might be a bit too agressive.. maybe it should wait until I get all the way too the bottom before trying the next page. Also I'm getting weird results when autopaging after changing filter settings. Like it triggers another load of page 2. It was a bit confusing.

The UI is neatly arranged but it's not logical.

You have some Navigation stuff in the left box, filter stuff in the middle two boxes with an extra setting in the left box. And a default button in the left box (which affects all three boxes). Then you have the invisible 4th box made of negative space on the right side of the page that doesn't actually do anything. When you put controls in a box you're making a promise that everything about the box is contained within the box and doesn't affect stuff outside the box but you're breaking that rule a lot.

I'd probably reorganize everything into 2 groups, "Navigation" and "Filters". The middle two boxes belong under filters as does the filter enabled setting. I'd probably just put that setting in the subsection header bar.
    Although maybe the act of expanding the filter subsection should enable the filters? Hmm.

Also I don't think the reset to defaults is a worthwhile button. There aren't that many settings there and it's doing this scary modal thing that demands your attention as if you're doing something super dangerous. This window is fun to play with so the UI should be encouraging you to press stuff not scaring you. Also it forces a page refresh but nothing there seems like it would require a page refresh. If the page structure is a mess it should be cleaned up without refresh.

Also I don't use the word 'Manager' in any of the settings windows. You're in the settings area so you should expect to be managing your settings without being told you're using a manager. Maybe the icon shortcut should just be called "Filters and Navigation" with the window having those things as two subsections. Honestly I should be doing this in the themes window but I want to give themes a lot of prominence so they are broken out of the subsection.
    ​​
    I originally had it waiting to get to the bottom but them there was often an obvious pause as it loaded stuff (this still happens if you have filters on though when you hit the bottom so maybe you are right)

I never came across the same page being loaded multiple times - what I did see was that if a thread was pushed down a page it could appear on a two pages as the next one was loaded after it sunk.

There should only be the 3 boxes but if there are four i will look - i grouped things as I did mainly because I had a box for Discussion Type Filters, One for Comment Status Filters and then later added the features box. I actually hoped thought it would be better incorporated into your plug in than as a stand alone - which just causes problems (e.g I might not have time to support it fully should things change in the future) - if this were the case it could be implemented in a more user friendly manner. feel free to make any tweaks you think would make more sense ;D

The reset button is more there at the moment to reload the default filters should they be changed in the code - that could probably be tweaked or removed once the filters are set. (At the moment i am only physically maintaining the checked setting when checkboxes are ticked/unticked.

Anyway off to bed I think.
    ​​
    edited July 2015
    The fourth box is the box that lives in the developer blind spot but is very visible to users. Here it's actually very prominent but unforunately it's not very useful. I've outlined it in red so that it becomes visible.
    q2mT3Oy.png

He has a half brother that lives in the bottom left.
    ​​

only cursory use so far, but i like it.
    the only real complaint i have is the 'invisible box' pointed out above.​​
    edited July 2015
    guess I browse with a wider screen than you folks - wrapping can be a biatch - couple of fixes applied​​
    edited July 2015
    I'm loving having the "to bottom" and "back to top" buttons on the side, very handy with the longer pages.
    It's also handy being able to filter out topics, even if it's just when you're tying to locate a specific thread or something. Not to mention, hiding the massive amount of polls.
    Hadn't actually noticed the blank box really as I always have fluid width on so to me it just looked like it was floating left rather than being centred. I do agree with Asterelle about the auto paging though, it'd be good if that held off until I was completely at the bottom of the page before loading the next page. I like the feature though, it's very time saving.
    Great work so far man!
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited July 2015
    perhaps related to the discussion managers endless scroll feature? when i came to the end of the thread, this user both lacked the enhance badge and the spoiler button was missing.

ive experienced the missing badge on my own new posts if the page didnt reload, but i have never seen it happen to anyone else, nor have i ever seen the spoiler bug

nq00WBF.png
    ​​
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Posts: 66 Arc User
    perhaps related to the discussion managers endless scroll feature? when i came to the end of the thread, this user both lacked the enhance badge and the spoiler button was missing.

ive experienced the missing badge on my own new posts if the page didnt reload, but i have never seen it happen to anyone else, nor have i ever seen the spoiler bug

nq00WBF.png

I was just about to post on this, it showed enhance title after F5 refresh.
    HfEFLu3.png1WAX8e6.png​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long [font="title-Space Cadet ☮"][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Yeah your post doesn't really count until you refresh the page. Heck if someone posted before you it may not even be in the right spot. The bad words filter isn't applied until after refresh either. Still it's something I can look at fixing.​​
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Posts: 66 Arc User
    This is just quality, for a pre-release, well done.jn3tazP.png​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long [font="title-Space Cadet ☮"][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Ohh it looks a lot better in fluid. And my stuff looks worse...​​
    asterelle wrote: »
    Ohh it looks a lot better in fluid. And my stuff looks worse...

Your stuff looks ok in my theme because it has built in fluid width and doesn't do anything to your section so it remains central. Though I noticed that nrglg has added a section to the fluid width css which adjusts yours but doesn't force it to centre so it looks a bit stretched.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Did anybody else notice they've implemented a new search system on the forums? It wasn't there a day or two ago when I last searched for something. Seems much improved, it now lets you search by title, author, category, type of post (poll, question, etc), and a date range. ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Did anybody else notice they've implemented a new search system on the forums? It wasn't there a day or two ago when I last searched for something. Seems much improved, it now lets you search by title, author, category, type of post (poll, question, etc), and a date range.
    that wasnt there last night.
    search result highlighting can be styled:
    mark {
    background: xxx;
    }​​
    censor out four X's and replace them with stars... makes sense to me!​​
    edited July 2015
    Yeah they seem to have silently introduced it.
    I've just pushed out an update to my files to handle the search results and the search window. Apparently I never bothered handling search results before, guess I felt the system wasn't worth using haha.
    censor out four X's and replace them with stars... makes sense to me!

LOL! The forums are weird.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Fantastic news on the search. I wonder if that means I can add a link to show new posts within a specific category​​
    edited July 2015
    asterelle wrote: »
    Fantastic news on the search. I wonder if that means I can add a link to show new posts within a specific category

That'd be pretty nice.
    I'm hoping that now they have the ability to search by usernames again, it's one step closer to us getting a Dev Tracker back.

Edit: Just bookmarked this search string which shows posts by TacoFangs, Borticus, LaughingTrendy, CrypticFrost, and crypticjoejing. Makeshift STO Dev Tracker haha.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited July 2015
    likewise here is a search for the current CO Devs/CM (well the active ones - Trailturtle, LadyGadfly, crypticarkayne and splosions)

Might be worth adding Kham's and this link into the useful game links in the enhancement until the dev tracker reappears.​​
    likewise here is a search for the current CO Devs/CM (well the active ones - Trailturtle, LadyGadfly, crypticarkayne and splosions)

Might be worth adding Kham's and this link into the useful game links in the enhancement until the dev tracker reappears.

Sounds good.
    ​​
    edited July 2015
    ive realised that the discussion managers autopaging feature doesnt render the block buttons on the pages it calls.​​
    edited July 2015
    it would certainly be doable to add those links in and probably also apply blocking based on what stored in the enhance settings localstorage however I guess at that point it becomes a decision on wether to actually integrate the autopaging etc directly into enhance to reduce duplication of code/handling processes - as each script has it's own scope and I can't directly call functions in the enhance script from mine (unless someone knows better how to do that)​​