test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

testing, bug-hunting, and finding exploits

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 9,748 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Testing, testing, one two three... is this thing on? Can you hear me in the back of the room?

("If we couldn't hear you, how would we know you'd asked??")

Supplemental: Okay, now I have to figure out how to use sig lines in this thing...

Okay, maybe not such a large image, although I do like it...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Posts: 612 Arc User
    Still don't see how everyone elses signature is working, yet mine simply won't. It works fine in the comments:

Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STO%20LCARS%20Sig-Andromeda.png
    If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (that can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.

Just not on the signature link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/profile/signature

All I have at the link is this:

ARCSIGPAGE.png

Can anyone help?
    [b]Still can't use BBCode for my signature, so I'm writing it out in each post... sad.[/b]
  • eirghaneirghan Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wow. Please tell me I'm not the only one who was blindsided by this updated update broadcast. Good bye PWI forums. and Hello ARC forums with no PWI subforum.
    eirghan sage seeker 105♥105♥105 current gear

• daveynydaveyny Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    Just imagine how many STO forum users are wondering at this moment what the heck is wrong with their connection because they didn't catch the announcement about the change.
    :o
    STO Member since February 2009.
    Star Trek Fan since Sept. 8th, 1966.
    Still a STO Veteran Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »
    Wow. Please tell me I'm not the only one who was blindsided by this updated update broadcast. Good bye PWI forums. and Hello ARC forums with no PWI subforum.

The subforums will be created but it will take about 2 days to port over all of the data.

We had an announcement in the News section on STO...I'm sorry you guys didn't get one. :(

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • comrademococomrademoco Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    >stuff<

Thats odd Jonathan, you should be seeing this:

W2EhtlH.png

Try logging out, clearing your cookies, etc, also try going to the direct http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/profile/signature forum link... and try setting it from there.

If not, might need to contact trendy after the migration so she can do a manual fix on that account.

P.S. Hrmm seems like I might need to resize my signature... it is too big.

• catgirldesucatgirldesu Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How am I gonna live without the PWI forums for two days??? D:

Hehe, just kidding. It's still a bit weird though. I don't like the Arc forums, I'm really going to miss the PWI forums... now let's see if the migration actually works well and it doesn't mess stuff up. Was the character limit in comments ever fixed? I'm worried my Venomancer guides will be messed up when moved over :sweat: (Well, I did save them though, just in case!)
    How am I gonna live without the PWI forums for two days??? D:

Hehe, just kidding. It's still a bit weird though. I don't like the Arc forums, I'm really going to miss the PWI forums... now let's see if the migration actually works well and it doesn't mess stuff up. Was the character limit in comments ever fixed? I'm worried my Venomancer guides will be messed up when moved over :sweat: (Well, I did save them though, just in case!)

When I raised this question on the STO side, I learned the following:

1) Old posts are expected to import with no problems; they'll be grandfathered in, essentially. (I can't promise what will happen if you try to edit them, though. Personally, I'd recommend against it.)

2) The character limit is now 24000, twice what it was before. Still not what we had on the STO side, which I suspect was unlimited, but that should offer at least some relief for new posts going forward.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    gulberat wrote: »
    When I raised this question on the STO side, I learned the following:

1) Old posts are expected to import with no problems; they'll be grandfathered in, essentially. (I can't promise what will happen if you try to edit them, though. Personally, I'd recommend against it.)

2) The character limit is now 24000, twice what it was before. Still not what we had on the STO side, which I suspect was unlimited, but that should offer at least some relief for new posts going forward.

Ahh, I see thanks!

• nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My vBulletin downloader didn't finish with the PWI Forums...awe. It also got 15,000 files worth of the Arc Migration message because they did an htaccess rewrite instead of leaving the forums in readonly mode while they were switching. I got over 130,000 files downloaded. Approximately 100,000 full threads. I guess I'll be uploading that shortly...

(Also, did they just undo the class striping from CSS. I'm seeing a few people using CSS classes again...)
    I'm worried my Venomancer guides will be messed up when moved over :sweat: (Well, I did save them though, just in case!)

Even if it does get messed up, my backup of the forums should have most, if not all, stickied guides. Especially in the lesser populated forums. I would say that only the General Forum and Tech Support forum categories consist of a high number of missing pages.

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
    Day 1: Dear diary, I dont like startrek. Turns out the trekkies are pretty nice here. I have accepted one of them as my leader. I may decide to stay, in time.

• salacnar070890salacnar070890 Posts: 152 Arc User
    How does one get Animated Avatar in here
    Comptia A+ and Network+ Certified, Microsoft Certified Proffesional
    Original Join Date: October 22, 2009 During CBT of STO
    <a href="title-Flt. Admrl. Salacnar"></a><a href="http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1195098" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><font color="#69CAFE">Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</font></a>
    edited June 2015
    How does one get Animated Avatar in here

.gif type images... Just uploaded it like you would any normal image.
    nrglg wrote: »
    My vBulletin downloader didn't finish with the PWI Forums...awe. It also got 15,000 files worth of the Arc Migration message because they did an htaccess rewrite instead of leaving the forums in readonly mode while they were switching. I got over 130,000 files downloaded. Approximately 100,000 full threads. I guess I'll be uploading that shortly...

(Also, did they just undo the class striping from CSS. I'm seeing a few people using CSS classes again...)

Even if it does get messed up, my backup of the forums should have most, if not all, stickied guides. Especially in the lesser populated forums. I would say that only the General Forum and Tech Support forum categories consist of a high number of missing pages.

What do you think is going to happen with links?
    I just realised several guides (not just mine) include links to other threads and posts @[email protected]
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    .gif type images... Just uploaded it like you would any normal image.

im trying but nothing is working
    Comptia A+ and Network+ Certified, Microsoft Certified Proffesional
    Original Join Date: October 22, 2009 During CBT of STO
    <a href="title-Flt. Admrl. Salacnar"></a><a href="http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1195098" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><font color="#69CAFE">Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</font></a>
    edited June 2015
    I just realised several guides (not just mine) include links to other threads and posts @[email protected]

I'm going to guess they wouldn't convert. I cannot even begin to imagine how a search and replace would even work, when just importing the database alone is a huge amount of data to download, reconfigure for the new format, and upload. Additionally, if you try to go back and edit an old post that was exceeding the current character limit, my guess is you will either get your post cut off, or get an error message every time you try to save the edits.

Have you considered creating a publicly-viewable Google Doc for your guide as a temporary solution? (If you do, make sure only the people you specifically give permission to can edit or make comments in the live doc.)

edited June 2015

No idea. My program did not solve where post ID links linked to (I didn't have time to write code for that), only where thread IDs linked to. So it will have a problem with those kinds of links. I imagine since they will have access to the database, it shouldn't be as big a problem to update the local links. One can only hope it's handled competently. Although I'm not holding my breath. If I were the one handling it, I would assure you that the links would be updated correctly; 'cause it's not terribly hard to get right when you have access to the database. However, this is PWE here, not me, so...

Edit for Desdi: I just confirmed that my backup does in fact contain your guides and, of the links I checked, they all work. So celebrate that.

Edit:
    gulberat wrote:
    I'm going to guess they wouldn't convert. I cannot even begin to imagine how a search and replace would even work, when just importing the database alone is a huge amount of data to download, reconfigure for the new format, and upload.

It's not nearly as hard as you seem to think it is. Not for someone competent anyways. I wrote in the last 2 days a vBulletin downloader that updates the links for each page. It takes approximately 3 milliseconds to update the 500KB, 200+ links, pages. What this translates to is that in the modern day home computers are getting way too strong.
    Post edited by nrglg on

• opkossyopkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    I make it back just in time for the madness. Hooray... I guess.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Posts: 864 Arc User
    opkossy wrote: »
    I make it back just in time for the madness. Hooray... I guess.

lol wb. Can you confirm if the profile status bar is disabled?
    [img][/img]hcSfM9O.gif
  • bejaymacbejaymac Posts: 17 Arc User
    I think there's a size limit on gifs, got one at 100 x100 at 81kb that just wont load
  • thestargazethestargaze Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Still don't see how everyone elses signature is working, yet mine simply won't. It works fine in the comments:

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (that can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.

Just not on the signature link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/profile/signature

ARCSIGPAGE.png

Can anyone help?

@jonathanlonehawk You have to use html code. Use <> tags instead.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 2,399 Arc User
    edited June 2015

ARCSIGPAGE.png

Can anyone help?

Well, it looks like (for whatever reason) - the forum is not allowing your forum account to use BB code tags because the:

"You can use BBCode in your post."

blurb isn't there at the bottom of your sig box (and no, I have no clue why your Arc Forum account is glitched/blocked from doing so - you might want to open a support ticket on that.)

As others have said, actual HTML tags will work instead (it's how I finally got my sig to be centered); so just use the appropriate HTML tags and you should be able to get your sig back to what it was.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Sig_Sm1755Pop.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited June 2015
    @gulberat - That's actually a very good idea. I'll keep it in mind, because there's a high chance I might have to update/edit some of them if something new comes up and I'm still around.

@nrglg- That's awesome! Thanks! Well, this wasn't just for my guides but in general, several PWI players spent time to write guides and some of them contained links to other threads, posts etc. and most of them (the players) will probably not bother to re-edit (or maybe they aren't even playing anymore).
    @catgirldesu I would not mind being a part of a team that would transfer information over to a google doc linked to the original post by comment if that is something that ends up being called for. Or perhaps have one added at the bottom if mods are so kind (if they even can based on the post size that @gulberat brought up. We have a lot of how tos that, though are not relevant to long time players, are still extremely useful to the new players.

edited June 2015
    :O YES :love: I just realise I can finally port over my official signature here :D :squeee:

EDIT: holy cows... thats a big image... time to resize....

PWI peeps, I compressed the 130,000 files from my program's backup of the PWI forums. A pretty significant potion of the forum was downloaded. There's also extra unecessary stuff within, but I didn't bother to remove it. There are also broken links scattered throughout it because I chose to not deal with them since I wrote the program so quickly (i.e. search.php, member.php, crap like those, and thousands of older threads). Really-really early stuff and new stuff is the likeliest to have working links. (So, late-2008 to 2013, many links are expected to be broken in general and tech support categories).

The forum category pages are about 2 days old. So anything super new is not available. The front page snapshot was taken 3 hours before they went offline, so it is very new and may have broken links on the front page. Avoid clicking on them and go into the forum categories. Forum categories have 200 threads displayed per page and threads have 40 posts per page. However, I couldn't force the categories to give the correct posts-per-page count for threads, so I did some math to correct their page numbers, which might make it look a little odd at times, but trust me, it works. (when I say odd, I mean that a page 7 link will lead to page 2. This is correct though.)

The zip backup is 1.25GB total and the 7zip backup is 296MB. Both will expand into 7GB worth of files. Only download the zip if you have issues decompressing the 7zip file. People with weak/outdated computers should avoid grabbing the backup and anyone who isn't going to host it should avoid grabbing it (unless you desperately want a partial offline backup). My website doesn't have infinite bandwidth and my host gets noticeably annoyed if I use too much.

Without further ado (read above paragraph to know which one to get or not get)...
    7zip (296MB [3% Compression Ratio]): Download
    zip (1.25GB [16% Compression Ratio]): Download

Other notes: I wrote the code for image.php to output images I located manually, of GMs and mods. It was a huge pain to manually find so many. So if you host it, be aware there is file that requires php to be installed in order for it to work. Everything else is images and html/css/js.

Thanks for providing! Grabbing and publicizing it are both VERY much appreciated!
  • asterelleasterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So how many images are we allowed in posts now anyway?
    normal-1.gifnormal-2.gifnormal-3.gifnormal-4.gifnormal-5.gifnormal-6.gifnormal-7.gifnormal-8.gifnormal-9.gifnormal-10.gifnormal-11.gifnormal-12.gifnormal-13.gifnormal-14.gifnormal-15.gifnormal-16.gifnormal-17.gifnormal-18.gifnormal-19.gifnormal-20.gifnormal-21.gifnormal-22.gifnormal-23.gifnormal-24.gifnormal-25.gifnormal-26.gifnormal-27.gifnormal-28.gifnormal-29.gifnormal-30.gifnormal-31.gifnormal-32.gifnormal-33.gifnormal-34.gifnormal-35.gifnormal-36.gifnormal-37.gifnormal-38.gifnormal-39.gifnormal-40.gifnormal-41.gifnormal-42.gifnormal-43.gifnormal-44.gifnormal-45.gifnormal-46.gifnormal-47.gifnormal-48.gifnormal-49.gifnormal-50.gif

pig-1.gifpig-2.gifpig-3.gifpig-4.gifpig-5.gifpig-6.gifpig-7.gifpig-8.gifpig-9.gifpig-10.gifpig-11.gifpig-12.gifpig-13.gifpig-14.gifpig-15.gifpig-16.gifpig-17.gifpig-18.gifpig-19.gifpig-20.gifpig-21.gifpig-22.gifpig-23.gifpig-24.gifpig-25.gifpig-26.gifpig-27.gifpig-28.gifpig-29.gifpig-30.gifpig-31.gifpig-32.gifpig-33.gifpig-34.gifpig-35.gifpig-36.gifpig-37.gifpig-38.gifpig-39.gifpig-40.gifpig-41.gifpig-42.gifpig-43.gifpig-44.gifpig-45.gifpig-46.gifpig-47.gifpig-48.gifpig-49.gifpig-50.gif

tiger-1.giftiger-2.giftiger-3.giftiger-4.giftiger-5.giftiger-6.giftiger-7.giftiger-8.giftiger-9.giftiger-10.giftiger-11.giftiger-12.giftiger-13.giftiger-14.giftiger-15.giftiger-16.giftiger-17.giftiger-18.giftiger-19.giftiger-20.giftiger-21.giftiger-22.giftiger-23.giftiger-24.giftiger-25.giftiger-26.giftiger-27.giftiger-28.giftiger-29.giftiger-30.giftiger-31.giftiger-32.giftiger-33.giftiger-34.giftiger-35.giftiger-36.giftiger-37.giftiger-38.giftiger-39.giftiger-40.giftiger-41.giftiger-42.giftiger-43.giftiger-44.giftiger-45.giftiger-46.giftiger-47.giftiger-48.giftiger-49.giftiger-50.gif

fox-1.giffox-2.giffox-3.giffox-4.giffox-5.giffox-6.giffox-7.giffox-8.giffox-9.giffox-10.giffox-11.giffox-12.giffox-13.giffox-14.giffox-15.giffox-16.giffox-17.giffox-18.giffox-19.giffox-20.giffox-21.giffox-22.giffox-23.giffox-24.giffox-25.giffox-26.giffox-27.giffox-28.giffox-29.giffox-30.giffox-31.giffox-32.giffox-33.giffox-34.giffox-35.giffox-36.giffox-37.giffox-38.giffox-39.giffox-40.giffox-41.giffox-42.giffox-43.giffox-44.giffox-45.giffox-46.giffox-47.giffox-48.giffox-49.giffox-50.gif

bear-1.gifbear-2.gifbear-3.gifbear-4.gifbear-5.gifbear-6.gifbear-7.gifbear-8.gifbear-9.gifbear-10.gifbear-11.gifbear-12.gifbear-13.gifbear-14.gifbear-15.gifbear-16.gifbear-17.gifbear-18.gifbear-19.gifbear-20.gifbear-21.gifbear-22.gifbear-23.gifbear-24.gifbear-25.gifbear-26.gifbear-27.gifbear-28.gifbear-29.gifbear-30.gifbear-31.gifbear-32.gifbear-33.gifbear-34.gifbear-35.gifbear-36.gifbear-37.gifbear-38.gifbear-39.gifbear-40.gifbear-41.gifbear-42.gifbear-43.gifbear-44.gifbear-45.gifbear-46.gifbear-47.gifbear-48.gifbear-49.gifbear-50.gif

fish-1.giffish-2.giffish-3.giffish-4.giffish-5.giffish-6.giffish-7.giffish-8.giffish-9.giffish-10.giffish-11.giffish-12.giffish-13.giffish-14.giffish-15.giffish-16.giffish-17.giffish-18.giffish-19.giffish-20.giffish-21.giffish-22.giffish-23.giffish-24.giffish-25.giffish-26.giffish-27.giffish-28.giffish-29.giffish-30.giffish-31.giffish-32.giffish-33.giffish-34.giffish-35.giffish-36.giffish-37.giffish-38.giffish-39.giffish-40.giffish-41.giffish-42.giffish-43.giffish-44.giffish-45.giffish-46.giffish-47.giffish-48.giffish-49.giffish-50.gif

Looks like no limit at all! I should make a browser plugin to use the PWI emotes on the forum.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Thats odd Jonathan, you should be seeing this:

Image removed not needed in quote

Try logging out, clearing your cookies, etc, also try going to the direct http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/profile/signature forum link... and try setting it from there.

If not, might need to contact trendy after the migration so she can do a manual fix on that account.

Okay -- I've done this on Chrome on both OSX and Windows 7, Safari on OSX and Windows Explorer on, well, Windows. I only get the format bar on the leave a comment section NOT on ANY signature page/link. My account may be flagged fro some reason or whatever. Hopefully @pwlaughingtrendy will see this offer some help or advice.

I've obviously cleared my cache, logged out, and the normal stuff since I've tried this on two OSes and 4 Browsers. Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Post edited by jonathanlonehawk on
    [b]Still can't use BBCode for my signature, so I'm writing it out in each post... sad.[/b]
    I guess the answer is lots of them. On the plus note, Ast has allowed us to get the good smilies! tiger-2.gif