test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

testing, bug-hunting, and finding exploits

Comments

• gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    > @jonathanlonehawk said:
    > Still can't put my signature in here, how do you guys have it in your preferences?

I did it before all of the bugs on the forum were found, and have been wary of editing it since, lest I lose what I have. Has anyone been able to edit their sig in the last few days?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Posts: 83 Arc User
    I'm not entirely sure. I made mine using html before they stripped out the editor, so vanilla seems to be tricked into allowing me to edit mine using html. Others seem to have trouble even getting a generic text sig, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm guessing you're at the correct page in your preferences: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/profile/signature
  • comrademococomrademoco Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well here goes nothing, testing this stuff and testing more stuff hows my sig???

Testing attention grabber: @pwlaughingtrendy @dabelgrave @comrademoco @gulberat @jonathanlonehawk

I'm [I]testing[/I] from the in-game ARC browser... [B]not a native browser so lets see how this goes...[/B]

[color="gold"]Draft Saved 1:36pm - good... thats goods... means that If I crashed it saved... good good[/color]

now lets see my sig...

posting now...

Posts: 6???? but I had almost 2K on the other forums... :'(

Edit: NOPE! I'm un-able to add my custom signature image here... hrmmm :/
    Post edited by comrademoco on
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    > @dabelgrave said:
    > I'm not entirely sure. I made mine using html before they stripped out the editor, so vanilla seems to be tricked into allowing me to edit mine using html. Others seem to have trouble even getting a generic text sig, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm guessing you're at the correct page in your preferences: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/profile/signature

Yep -- I was at the arc games (that was linked from the STO forums) and just went to your link and did a little editing. Let's see if it posts properly.

Edit: Nope -- should be a sig banner there in between the two lines.
    [b]Still can't use BBCode for my signature, so I'm writing it out in each post... sad.[/b]
    edited June 2015
    So so far....

No BBcode - Done
    No HMTL code - Almost there
    No Signatures/Images - Currently Testing
    I'm Proper Quoting??? - Done
    Weird Attention grabber that does not link to the profile - incoming
    Text Length inadequacy ~ gulberat - incoming

What else am I missing?
    Post edited by comrademoco on
    edited June 2015
    > @comrademoco said:
    > So so far....
    >
    > No BBcode
    > No HMTL code
    > No Signatures/Images
    > I'm Proper Quoting???
    > Weird Attention grabber that does not link to the profile
    >
    > What else am I missing?

Post length inadequate to handle existing posts on the forums to be migrated (likely in my uneducated opinion to either result in truncated posts on import, or even corrupt the database tables), and inadequate to handle comparable posts to what's currently allowed, when posted new to this forum. That said Trendy states functionality exists to fix that one.

EDIT: WHOA! Anyone else see the new editor that just popped up, when they go to edit a post? Gonna have to play with this tonight. So far buttons are displaying, but clicking on them has no effect. "System" is still logged in, so changes may still be in progress.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    test
    test
    test
    1. test
    2. test
    3. test
    • test
    • test
    • test
    test wrote:
    stuff
    test

test
    :) :D :( ;) :/ :o :s :p :'( :| B) :# :* <3 o:) >:)
    google.com

IMAGE Testing below

IMAGE Testing Above ~ nothing showing
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer fringilla vel quam eu scelerisque. Duis ac enim sagittis, porta lectus ut, vestibulum mi. Aenean vel purus facilisis, venenatis purus in, bibendum elit. Integer sit amet sapien placerat, tempus purus sed, vestibulum justo. Phasellus at sem id velit fringilla malesuada. Praesent quis magna maximus, facilisis massa eget, ullamcorper dolor.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer fringilla vel quam eu scelerisque. Duis ac enim sagittis, porta lectus ut, vestibulum mi. Aenean vel purus facilisis, venenatis purus in, bibendum elit. Integer sit amet sapien placerat, tempus purus sed, vestibulum justo. Phasellus at sem id velit fringilla malesuada. Praesent quis magna maximus, facilisis massa eget, ullamcorper dolor.
    OK, testing out some BBCode...

Text formatting
    • Making a list
    • Checking it twice
    1. Gonna find out
    2. Who's naughty >:) or nice o:)

Now you see it, now you don't.
    He said--she said...

edited June 2015
    What my signature should look like...
    Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STO%20LCARS%20Sig-Andromeda7022.png
    If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (That can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.

Edit: Apparently it works in the body, but not on the signature pages... yet. :wink:
    [b]Still can't use BBCode for my signature, so I'm writing it out in each post... sad.[/b]
    Can you see a WYSIWYG editor in the signature area, like the one that's now visible on posts?

gulberat wrote: »
    Can you see a WYSIWYG editor in the signature area, like the one that's now visible on posts?

Yup it's there... Ima go check out the stuff now...

Not yet, just an emoticon dropdown.
    Signature seems to be working for me now...

BTW, just an FYI since signatures are going to have more functionality here than what they did on the old forums--if (for example) someone's sig animation hurts your eyes, if you have an adblocker on your browser, you can use it to target and block the one image without having to block them all.

Did you use BBCode or HTML to get that image to work?
    Bold
    Italic
    Strikethrough
    1. Ordered List Option 1
    2. Ordered List Option 2
    • Unordered List Option 1
    • Unordered List Option 2
    Code

Spoiler
    Right
    Center
    Left

It looks like some things are working, but a few still need a little work. It's great progress though.
    :)

I used the simple Image poster... link the image URL and just saved it

edited June 2015

I used the simple Image poster... link the image URL and just saved it

Interesting... I don't see that at this link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/profile/signature
    Or at the other link: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/profile/signature

Curious.
    edited June 2015
    >Stuff<

Try this on the signature page:

url

where URL would be the URL in my case: http://i.imgur.com/UWdgtJv.png
    so

UWdgtJv.png (without the spaces)
    That was what I had: STO%20LCARS%20Sig-Andromeda7022.png without the spaces, of course.
    And as you can see it works fine if I use the same code in the comments:
    If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (That can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
    I'm gonna wait till Monday to try again. Since that's when they're going to launch the migration anyway. Thanks everyone fro trying to help.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 2,399 Arc User
    test
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Sig_Sm1755Pop.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    test

test2
    TOS_Sig_Sm1755Pop.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."

1) all tags and tag entries need to be lower case in the signature editing field - if they're in uppercase you get what you were seeing when you first copy-pasted from the vbulliten STO board.

2) Even though a center tag is available in the new 'Vanilla' sig editor, whatever they are doing to process the signature BB code - center isn't a recognized tag.

TOS_Sig_Sm1755Pop.jpg
    edited June 2015
    In spoiler tags is PART of a post on the old forum:
    If you smile at me, I will understand
    'Cause that is something everybody everywhere does
    In the same language

I can see by your coat, my friend
    You're from the other side
    There's just one thing I got to know
    Can you tell me please, who won the war ?

Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
    Yes, I've been eating them for six or seven weeks now
    Haven't got sick once
    Probably keep us both alive

Wooden ships on the water, very free and easy
    Easy, you know the way it's supposed to be
    Silver people on the shoreline, let us be
    Talkin' 'bout very free and easy...

Crosby, Stills, and Nash--“Wooden Ships”

Aboard the captured Undine vessel Stravinsky

Yellow-green bioluminescence lit the corridors as the Chin’toka away team wended their way through the bioship, accompanied by the ever-present hiss of steam and a slow, steady, almost meditative ebb and flow to the ship’s power grid that resembled nothing more than a slow respiratory rhythm. Captain Strannik could feel the humidity on his body and drifting in it almost reminded him of swimming--except without the terror of being immersed in actual liquid water his natural form was severely unsuited to keep from asphyxiating him.

Thank God for that mercy--that living in fluidic space did not seem to mean the Undine preferred swimming. As it was, he could still feel the moisture in the air down his throat. Though his tricorder showed nothing dangerously incompatible about the air composition, nor did he feel as if there were, the faint green hue to some of the mist that clung low to the deck was a bit unnerving to look at.

And based on the looks on the others’ faces, especially Thraz and N’Vek’s, it had to have some interesting olfactory properties, too, that the Devidian was not disappointed to be missing out on.

I still can’t decide if this thing is plant or animal, Alyosha thought to himself, or both. Tri-faceted muscular valves that seemed to function as blast doors relaxed themselves to reveal each next corridor when the away team approached. Weblike secretions in front of atmosphere intakes, almost seeming to serve the function of mucus, lurked in the corners and on many of the walls. Fortunately for him, his telekinesis served both to navigate away from it and to push it out of the team’s way without actually having to touch it.

But what he saw through the photoreceptors on feet that weren’t actually touching the deck was...not animal sinew as some of those other systems suggested, but incredibly hard ‘wooden’ planks. Though he hadn’t put his weight on any of them, he had noticed the absolute absence of creaking when his crew stepped on the planks.

The whole thing reminded him not of a sleek and advanced modern starship--but of the haunted derelict of an ancient wooden sailing ship like the the Mary Celeste. Only the ‘mind’ of the ship itself, such as it was, served in its undemanding presence as any sort of reassurance.

A song began to circle around in his mind...timeless, and haunting aboard this ship without a home or an era: Wooden ships on the water, very free and easy...

“How much further do we have?” asked Dr. Sei, bringing the record in his head to a needle-scratchingly abrupt stop.

The Devidian captain drifted gently to a stop in the bioship’s corridor and turned around to face the rest of his away team. Alyosha and Thraz had both been feeling it since they came aboard the ship and inquired of it where the command center lay--a ‘compass’ of sorts that responded them with a muted sense of encouragement or discouragement depending on their progress. The feeling morphed into a directionless, quiet waiting when the telepaths halted.

“Oh...I just lost the guide.” The Devidian turned his head to his right, snout now facing Thraz. “You too?”

“Same here. It seems to respond to our movements.”

Alyosha turned back to Sei, N’Vek, and Anene. “I had a thought. I’m going to see if I can get the ship to give us a time to get there. I’d like to see if I can get our communication with it onto a higher level.”

“Stravinsky,” Alyosha sent and spoke aloud simultaneously for the benefit of the away team, “can you tell us how long it will take us to get to the command center at the pace we were doing before we stopped?

Alyosha sensed…something in reply, some sense that they weren’t far...but it wasn’t exactly helping. “Thraz, did you catch that?”

“It was definitely trying to answer us,” Thraz replied. “But I think it’s missing the unit of measure.”

Well...we ruled out a tricorder interface, Alyosha thought to himself. They’d tried that almost the minute they left the shuttle. There were Undine with computer knowledge--as disastrously evidenced on 75-Tau--but until their encounter with the Borg, why would they have ever thought to configure their own ships of the line that way when the telepathic interface not only worked, but was generally hidden from normal-space signal intelligence? From their perspective, their assumption their way was superior would seem borne out by experience.

“So how do we teach time to a ship that ignores just about every kind of user input that doesn’t come from the mind?” Chief N’Vek asked. “There are those consoles but…something about the way they work is just bizarre. A few bits look like they could be alphanumerics or pictographs--Elements know which--but I’m not so sure. Even the Borg for whatever crazy reason actually make most of their interfaces translatable. I can’t get a UT lock on the Undine pattern. Far as I can tell, no one in Starfleet or the Republic has. Sometimes it looks like bits of it should be translatable, but those squiggles and lights either shift and the UT errors out, or the damned thing just comes back and says it can’t get a lock in the first place.”

“Why does that remind me of trying to translate Tamarian without knowing the Base Stratum? And I don’t mean that in a good way.” Sei referred to the ‘lower register’ of Tamarian, used with children--the one where words meant what they meant--a construct it turned out the Tamarians had assumed any civilized adult would have progressed beyond the need for. “You may have to avoid language entirely...you need something more basic. Something that engages the senses more directly.”

Light danced across the Devidian’s skin. “Of course--music!” He actually bounced a few feet further in the air on the last syllable. “Hmmmm...”

How to be that precise though...old classical’s too subjective...rock--how am I going to know I’m teaching it the exact thing? Techno, though…wait...that one classical dubstep song I remixed--

“Perfect!” Alyosha exclaimed. “Well...it’s not the most cheerful piece, but I’ve got one. Give me a bit…I’m not having to mouth my words at least, but I’d still rather not try to talk and think at the same time.”

Spot for me on this, Thraz… The Aenar XO wordlessly agreed to guard the weaker telepath. All right… Stravinsky, prepare to receive time metrics. One minute comprises 120 beats of the first part of this sample. Two beats--one second. Compare to the second part of this sample--one beat, one second, 60 beats per minute.

He cued the music up in his mind, skipping past the initial windup to--Okh, der’mo! That could so be taken the wrong way... He paused. Disregard all sample linguistic input! Then he started over, bringing the track up to speed, not even noticing he was conducting as though he had a band in front of him, and then the drop hit with a push of intent from Alyosha:

December the First, 2808--Doomsday.

He pushed the memory of the song to the bioship, until it returned--

Translated into Federation Standard words: Error! Highly irregular input detected!

Bozhe moi, nyet, nyet, nyet!” the Russian-Devidian exclaimed out loud, brightening the words with a human laugh. “Ehto dubstep; nye slushay ehtu chast’!” He addressed the away team. “It locked onto the wrong part of the song.” He mentally highlighted the beat and re-sent… “There we go. We have an answer. Forty-seven seconds at our previous pace.”

“We just used way more time than that to get that information…” N’Vek commented.

“We did,” the captain acknowledged with a nod. “But what we got was more than just a calculation. We got proof this ship can align to our frame of reference, bit by bit. If we’re going to have any hope of really translating what’s going on here, we’ve got to keep doing things like that.”

With a gentle telekinetic nudge, Alyosha turned back the way they’d been headed--and there it was again: that sense of confirmation…destination just ahead.

As promised, it wasn't long before a larger, more robust tri-faceted valve than they'd seen since the one to the 'shuttlebay' relented at their approach to reveal...

A cavernous chamber with inscrutable swirled-motif consoles not just before them on ground level, but running up the ceiling where by everything Alyosha had ever known...except from studies of the early interplanetary era, before artificial gravity...they ought not be. N'Vek shuddered visibly. They'd all seen the footage of Undine crawling down from the ceiling to spring on their victims unawares. Light shone down from the front--at least Alyosha assumed it was the front based on the consoles' orientation--as if from a giant skylight on the upper level.

"Wow," Anene breathed. Alyosha had to agree. Truly this was the living center deep within the ship.

"Even an Odyssey's bridge has nothing on this," Thraz confirmed. "Your footsteps have a long way to go before the echo comes back to you."

"What I don't see anywhere is a viewscreen," N'Vek observed. "I'd feel a little better about all of this if I could see where the Chin'toka is parked."

"That would be nice," Alyosha agreed. This deep into the bioship, and it could be doing just about anything and they wouldn't know it. "Stravinsky, can you give us a way to visually observe outside conditions from the bridge?" he inquired with thought and voice, sending an example image of his own bridge's front viewer.

Something shifted. He couldn't see it when he aimed his attention frontwards and up where he knew it ought to be--but for just a moment the sensation resonated as if a healing itch upon his own skin. He turned to Thraz. "Did you feel that?"

"Very much so," he affirmed. "Actual tactile sensations, like an extension of our own bodies."

"That could be very helpful in diagnosing the ship if something went wrong," N'Vek supplied.

Anene chipped in, "I bet it would really, really hurt if something bad enough happened."

“That depends on how close the link is,” Thraz said. “And just how severe the injury is.”

Alyosha nodded. He remembered--regretfully--when he’d shapeshifted on broken bones on 75-Tau, and the pain contorting Thraz’ and Spitz-Reader’s faces both.

“So what did you sense?” Sei asked.

“Well, I...have a feeling what the ship is doing up there,” the captain said, looking back up at the spot that had compelled him earlier. Though his head turned one direction, his fingers keyed commands into his tricorder as other photoreceptors monitored that work. “I’m going up to get some closer readings.”

TEST FAILED. CHARACTER COUNT REMAINS AROUND 12000.

1) all tags and tag entries need to be lower case in the signature editing field - if they're in uppercase you get what you were seeing when you first copy-pasted from the vbulliten STO board.

2) Even though a center tag is available in the new 'Vanilla' sig editor, whatever they are doing to process the signature BB code - center isn't a recognized tag.

Nope -- as you can see. All lower case and still no workie. Thanks for trying, fleetie!
    edited June 2015
    Testing nested quotes
    QFT
    What he said

Testing nested quotes...

NESTED QUOTE TEST FAILED

Testing nested quotes...

NESTED QUOTE TEST FAILED

I'd think it was just stripping additional formatting out of the quotes, but it seems not to be doing that several posts up.
    Quotes can have bold or italics, but not other
    quotes
    ?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Posts: 3,442 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hmm.....Sorry if it's been mentioned before but posts, in this thread at least, aren't numbered like on the STO forums. It also seems there's no permalink option or any way to view an individual post to get a direct link to it. So if I wanted to post a link to an individual post, the best I can figure is to go to the page the post is on and copy the URL in my address bar and tell someone to play a game of go fish. :/

Edit: I also see no option to add color to text. I wanted to make my signature text yellow but I see no options to do so. I got bold, italic, emoji, etc., but no color options.

Edit: When I go to the home page of the Arc forums I can't find the log out button.
    picard-facepalm_zpssvoltqmi.jpg~original