test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elsword Issues Compilation

strumslingerstrumslinger Posts: 551 Arc User
Hey everyone,

If you're having issues launching Elsword, can you please respond here with any error message you're receiving? Attaching a screenshot also will help us immensely.

Thanks!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter
Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• xalkrewxalkrew Posts: 4
    Earlier today the game would launch fine and Iwas able to play it. But whenever I launch it, the game window appears but it remains grey and the window says it's not responding. I've checked my wifi and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I just don't know why it's doing it and it's beginning to get to me (and I usually have a lot of patience!)
  • plotlover said:
    Hello~

Plotlover from yesterday's stream here.

Since I was told Elsword was now on Arc games I attempted to use the Arc client to try it out but I ran into a number of issues.

1) Whenever I ran the game through Arc's client I would get a strange IE window with the words "True" and "failed"

What's up with this?

2) Whenever I ran the game through the ArcLauncher.exe in the Arc folder the game client itself would just sit there not responding at all, causing me to force close it through admin rights. I know there's another topic about this issue with StrumSlinger telling us we need to delete other versions of Elsword we may have. Can anyone confirm?
    Also, why do we need to uninstall other versions of Elsword(KoG's, Gameforge's, etc)? I find that really odd...

3) I looked through the Arc folder after installing Elsword and I can't seem to find where the game itself is stored. Why am I asking this? Because when you take a screenshot or record a video the game, by default, saves these files in the folder where the corresponding version of elsword is stored. Do we not have access to them when using Arc's Elsword?

TIA

Regards~

Plotlover

• tenkorextenkorex Posts: 2
    Have game listed with Install option but returns with "This game is not available in your region"? (UK Player)
  • valhallasvalhallas Posts: 70 Arc User
    Same here, Can't install game even though is downloaded says "region blocked"
    Niae 
    Gauntlet [En]
    Sinful ~ Princess ~
    "A woman's wrath is something to fear,
    yet when you're kind, she's an angel in disguise"

• sveargithcaexsveargithcaex Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    I have the game listed in my games list but I keep getting the "Blocked in your region" message when i know it isn't true. The game was released for the EU BEFORE it came to Arc and I have checked and there are people from the UK playing on the original game, not the one ARC has. So is it a bug? or are you using an old version? Or is something else up?

Screenshot
    postimg.org
  • xalkrewxalkrew Posts: 4
    I know this is a little off topic, but how do I get to choose the dark knight path? I did the Free Knight quests but I can only chose from sabre and pyro knight. Is it something that hasn't been released in North America yet? Or do I have to unlock it somehow?
  • crowrothcrowroth Posts: 5
    Whenever I launch the game, it'll load up and then the page says its not responding. I relaunched the game about 10 times and I ran arc as an administrator. Nothing worked. Please help. I'd really like to play the game soon (:
  • penguinvaleriepenguinvalerie Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hello. My problem with Elsword is that I can't launch it. It says 'not responding' whenever I click on it, and when I don't it stays gray, with the cursor occasionally changing. I heard from a friend that this is a really good game, and I would like to try it. I heard that some other people are having this problem too, and I might try uninstalling it and downloading it from the site, if possible.

• leafdevilleafdevil Posts: 17
    Well ive wanted to try this game and i downloaded it about 2 days ago but the game never launches, it goes grey and becomes unresponsive, i left it for over an hour thinking maybe it was just being slow, but nope just wont work, id like to give this game a shot so why dont ya fix the problem?
  • Hey all

Just got Elswood yesterday and tried running it today.
    it comes up with an window from my internet explorer saying:
    True
    Failed

please help i really want to try this new game
  • shaantihshaantih Posts: 1 Arc User
    x2.exe stops responding every time the game window pops up.  :(
  • penguinvaleriepenguinvalerie Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am very disappointed in the fact that I am not able to play Elsword.
    My computer meets the requirements and goes farther in most fields needed, and still it seems that I am experiencing this problem, and so is a few other players, it seems.
    I am running Arc and Elsword as administrator. I had reinstalled Elsword, and I have currently uninstalled it, out of frustration.
    At one point I was able to open up the game, and instead of checking the version and opening a window that stayed gray and unresponding, it had started updating.
    I left it overnight to update, and when I woke up and checked on it, it was in the same state as before.
    It's driving me insane. A friend speaks highly of the game, and I am eager to try it, yet I am not able to. 
    On a final note, I would just like to state that from what I've read, the problem emerged when Elsword got onto the Arc client. I don't know if it is true, since I am a new member to Arc myself, but I just wanted to throw it out there.
    I would really appreciate if anyone would help me with this problem, since I really do want to play and have a good time, and I don't want to have a bad experience with Arc.

Thank you for your time.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Posts: 551 Arc User
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for submitting your issues! We're working on these issues as I type this. We're glad to how much interest has been shown in Elsword!

-Andy

• ilavrionilavrion Posts: 1
    Hey all

installed and played without any problems
    but the next day, the start of the game began with "This game is not available in your region"
    what suddenly happened that I had for the day came in the unsupported region?
  • Ok I just tried to install the game again and it actually did it this time. However after it finished installing I would boot it up and it would show the launcher then a loading screen, then start to go into the game and then close straight away. So i closed Arc and tried to start it up and it has gone back to the "Not available in your region" message. WTF IS GOING ON?!
  • khorbahnkhorbahn Posts: 11
    *to prevent re-post*

X2.EXE NOT RESPONDING
  • jeddex01jeddex01 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Client fails to start. I wonder why xtrap will appear when I hit the play button in arc window. this seems odd since i haven't seen xtrap in other arc games (i.e. Swordsman, Perfect World, and Neverwinter). Tried restarting my pc and running Elseword as Admin but still no luck. After xtrap appears, it will just give me a gray window and then the window will disappear in a few seconds.
    We're still looking into the x2.exe issue. We're also getting reports that the issue seemed to solve itself on some rare occassions, but nevertheless, our developers are working hard.

• deathiandeathian Posts: 2
    I am also getting the "This game is not available in your region" comment appearing when I try to install the game, I am curious to see what this game offers, hope you guys can fix the issue, its rather disappointing to see this happen on first day of being on the Arc launcher, especially to a already well known game.
  • drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 6,879 Community Moderator
    deathian said:
    I am also getting the "This game is not available in your region" comment appearing when I try to install the game, I am curious to see what this game offers, hope you guys can fix the issue, its rather disappointing to see this happen on first day of being on the Arc launcher, especially to a already well known game.

not sure if you are in one of the regions that is listed in this thread

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/7570/designated-service-regions

Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • deathiandeathian Posts: 2
    deathian said:

not sure if you are in one of the regions that is listed in this thread

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/7570/designated-service-regions

Ah that explains it, thank you for the response, a shame though, wanted to have easier access to the game using Arc.
  • gravionzgravionz Posts: 2
    cant play  ,   any solution for this ?
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/QEusueR.jpg[/img]
  • menducamenduca Posts: 4
    Thiss message appear when i open the client

• jeddex01jeddex01 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Does anyone here successfully played this game already? Any solution to this issue?
  • drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 6,879 Community Moderator
    jeddex01 said:
    Does anyone here successfully played this game already? Any solution to this issue?

there are a few issues that are being looked at/worked on.  I will ask Strum about an update later today
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
    Hey everyone,

Can you please try launching Elsword again? There was a maintenance today that may have fixed the issue. If you still get the x2.exe error, please post here again.

Thanks!

• An explaination of why can't i enter the game even the loading window? although the loading window describetion had came out but still nothing goes on but Connecting to Loading Window. I've downloaded this game yesterday and updated today, as u say that the problem is solved but i don't see it works. Please do fix it, i enjoyed playing this game but it's too dissapointed when i opened up the game 10 times and yet 10 times getting same results. Answers would be a pretty good way to solve, some usefull ones but not those rubbish ty :)
  • menducamenduca Posts: 4
    Still get the x2.exe error

• Mine are ok with x2.exe, just keep on staying at the only place, which is full gray screen and nothing else that makes me wanna force quit again again and again !
  • Any administrator come over and help ty. i would love to keep on playing but sadly your program isn't letting me. I played Elsword for like just a little while, until lv15 and it lag me out. When i tried to log in back it gives full gray or saying Connecting to Loading Window. I have tried for almost 50times for today if your curious to know did i tried before. Fix it please, make a bug fix or maybe a client fix or a maint. Lets hope this isn't the first and the last game i have uninstall until now. (so far playing other games in Arc isn't any problem AT ALL)