test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why does Arc keep asking for an install disc?

ashlaernashlaern Posts: 1 Arc User
I've been having this problem for almost a year now. When I start up Arc, it asks me to put the install disc in drive E for about 5 times and then it kind of works. When I try clicking anything in Arc I still get prompted to put the install disc in drive E once or twice and then it does what I wanted it to do. It has interfered with my playing PWI, though that problem seems to have resolved itself for now. Or at least I hope it has. Is there anything I can do to get Arc and PWI to work properly again?

Comments

• julcesars#5140 julcesars Posts: 1 New User
    > @ashlaern said:
    > I've been having this problem for almost a year now. When I start up Arc, it asks me to put the install disc in drive E for about 5 times and then it kind of works. When I try clicking anything in Arc I still get prompted to put the install disc in drive E once or twice and then it does what I wanted it to do. It has interfered with my playing PWI, though that problem seems to have resolved itself for now. Or at least I hope it has. Is there anything I can do to get Arc and PWI to work properly again?

This happens to me too!
  • regenerderegenerde Posts: 80 Arc User
    Well, i had that problem a while ago with error messages of the ArcUpdate.exe and Arc.exe and the ArcOSBrowser.exe and ArcOSOverlay.exe looking around on my DvD drives and not finding any mediums.

After a few days it stopped... no changes from my side, there was a small update for the Arc client today, did that help or is the problem still around?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • sadarsasadarsa Posts: 4 Arc User
    Apparently it's still around, it's been happening to me too and still is.