test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Host Secret of the solstice please

jayson3080jayson3080 Posts: 8 Arc User
I am hoping that Pwi entertainment would look into or consider hosting the game called Secret of the solstice. Developer was DnC Entertainment which outspark hosted it as Secret of the solstice. The Chinese version was called Xenepic revo. Both games where shut down in 2011. The player base for SOS have been working on getting it to come back. Most of the games where brought by other game companies and still live, but no one has brought back Secret of the solstice.

Heres story about the comany.

Secret of the Solstice is a Free-to-play MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) developed and published by DNC Entertainment in Korea and hosted by Outspark in the international English market. It is the second MMO published by Outspark.

Secret of the Solstice features a cute, anime-inspired visual style. Player characters, monsters, and non-player characters (NPCs) are represented as 2D sprites while environments and background elements are rendered in 3D.

US Secret of the Solstice was subsequently shut down by its publisher 'Outspark' for 'undisclosed reasons'. Any and all time and real money that players put into the game was lost. However outspark offered a character merge to 'Solstice Reborn' a beta of a new release of Solstice. On October 24, 2011 the Beta was released for 1 week until it closed and Outspark removed all traces of its existence. Outspark also shut down their forums for comments on 'Solstice'. Probably to avoid complaints about player's loss of time and money. However, there are still rumours that Secret of the Solstice may be released again in the future, either by Outspark or by another publisher.

We are now in 2017.

Heres the story about the game

It is said that during days in a time long past, peace was more than an empty word. A great King, mighty and fair, ruled the land of Xen with responsibility entrusted to him by the gods before they left the mortal plane. With this trust came the Solstice Sphere, an ancient and mysterious artifact possessing great power. In time the king married and the union yielded twin daughters, Adeline and Marian. They were like the sun and the moon, opposites but forever entwined with the future of Xen.

Time passed and the princesses grew, reaching womanhood before the eyes of their people. Adeline became a shining beauty, like the sun with a heart of gold. The people of Xen adored her. Always at her father's side, she watched and learned as the King went about his duties. With a thirst for knowledge, she learned from the greatest teachers in the land. It was her destiny to one day inherit the throne and become the kingdom's future.

While Adeline became like the sun, Marian grew to become the moon. In the shadow of her sister she became envious, and the darkness of jealousy soaked her heart. While admirers heaped endless praise on Adeline, seeds of bitterness and resentment began to grow in Marian. Hidden under the sheen of superficial happiness, they waited for the perfect moment to bloom.

Years passed, and the princesses approached the age of 18. On their birthday Adeline received a special gift from her parents—the Solstice Sphere! On that day the mysterious ancient relic passed from father to daughter. But it was far from a glorious occasion. A series of horrific events would soon take place and ultimately drench the land of Xen in the suffering it knows today.

Classes

Xenian
Residents of Xen. All players start as Xenians and specialize to another class later.

Squire
Fighters train in the arts of the Akarinas sword, and are awarded their class after qualifying to join a vigilance committee. They have strong melee attacks and high defensive capabilities but have weaker skills than the other classes. Squires can become Knights at level 66, Warriors at level 96 and Warlords at level 131.

Apprentice
Magician apprentices who wield magic to defend themselves, fighting from a distance. They can deal massive damage with their spells, but are vulnerable in melee combat as they have low armor and hit points. Apprentices can become Mages at level 66, Wizards at level 96 and Archmages at level 131.

Neophyte
Neophytes are known for their cunning and speed. They have powerful attacks but tend to have medium hit points and defense. Neophytes can class change to Rogue at 66, Assassin at 96 and finally to Shadow Master at 131.

Acolyte
Well on their way to being a full cleric, acolytes focus on helping others with their protective, healing magic. They have powerful healing and supportive magic as well as decent melee skills. Acolytes become Clerics at level 66, Priests at level 96, and finally Paladins at level 131

Prestige Classes
At level 45, both the Neophyte and Acolyte have the ability to move on to a different class called 'Prestige Classes'. The Neophyte can become a Scout, while an Acolyte can become a Disciple. At 80, these two can advance again. Scouts become Archers and Disciples become Templars. Finally, at level 112, they reach full potential and become a Ranger (if Neophyte) and Holy Avenger (if Acolyte).

Comments

• jayson3080jayson3080 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Statistics
    Upon leveling up, players may increase any one of their six stats and customize their character. The six statistics are: Power, Agility, Intelligence, Wisdom, Stamina, and Mentality. Power increases a player's damage, and weight capacity. Too much power decreases attack speed. Agility increases dodge rate, attack speed, and attack power. Intelligence is beneficial to ranged characters. While it increases a spell's damage, it does nothing for close ranged characters. Wisdom increases a player's maximum MP or Mana Points, and increases magic defense. Stamina increases a player's maximum HP or Health Points. Mentality increases accuracy rate, defense, magic defense, and skill casting speed.

Gameplay
    Players learn skills upon changing jobs. A Skill Book is required to learn skills. There are three skill types: single-target "General Skills", multi-target "Area of Effect(AoE) Skills", and "Buff Skills", which strengthen characters. Skills are limited according to the character's level and job.

Secret of the Solstice supports a Party System which allows up to eight characters to team up for adventures. Experience is distributed to the participants depending on their levels. There is a bonus for variety in the party as well as a bonus for having a member of the starter class in your party

Secret of the Solstice players have a three-tab inventory. Spend, Gear, and Other. Items in the 'Spend' tab are consumable items. Items in the 'Gear' tab are equipable items. Items in the 'Other' tab are miscellaneous items. These are often quest-related. Players can also engage in a quest to obtain pets. Different types of pets can be obtained from various 'pet merchants' in the game.

All classes have equipment, or Gear, that is restricted to their class. When players undergo their first class change, they are granted their equipment by the leader of the class, along with an accessory.

When a player dies in Secret of the Solstice, they are sent back to the last recorded town with a minor loss of experience.

Secret of Solstice does contain a player controlled marketplace. Players can choose to sell items in their inventory for whatever price they choose.

Some other things that i would like to point out. The gear you wear is not bound, you can wear it tell your next gear set, then sell your old to other players. Also there was aoe, where you can gather the whole map and kill. there was also power leveling.

• hesandahesanda Posts: 1 Arc User
    Anyone else would like this game to be hosted. Outspark made tons of money off of this game, from players buying cash shop items.
    Why i want Pwi to buy secret of the solstice. It comes down to the community, it was a family. We helped each other out. Also one of the games that i truly miss and hated when it was shut down. It was a game where gm's interacted with the players in all kinds of events, no other game does that. We have two facebook groups where we all still stay in contact, hoping that someone pick it up. I know my one post wont make a difference. There are tons of players that want it back.

• nblitz#8594 nblitz Posts: 1 Arc User
    I loved this game, I still think about it, ever since Secret of the Solstice shut down, I can't find any other 'MMORPG' and stick with it. I've tried many Tera, Aura Kingdom, Blade and Soul, Final Fantasy, Elsword, even Ragnarok Online just to name a few, They never felt like home.

When Secret of the Solstice was still online, the game was booming with players, Then they shut down. Couple years later Solstice Reborn was announced but the game deteriorated, it made the game more of a chore with Cooldowns, Mana potions were taken away, and placed into cash shop, along with Trackers which saved a position on a map, and you could teleport to. Trackers use to be accessible to everyone with just a few 'Kron' (In-game currency) It made travel less tedious, because maps took a long time to travel to, so players could place a tracker down when they were low on supplies, then use a teleporter scroll to go back to the desired map.

Many players left after Solstice Reborn. I couldnt help it's downfall because I was too young, but now I'm 21.

Still hopeful that one day 'Secret of the Solstice' will come back and I'm not the only one. and hopefully we can prove that to you.
  • pkframe#4750 pkframe Posts: 3 Arc User
    I would love to see this game alive again i just can't give up on it its been so many years and im still searching for a miracle every class was needed in diferent situations this game also promote the teamwork to success.
  • aliceakashiya0aliceakashiya0 Posts: 2 Arc User
    This game had HUGE potential and Outspark didnt do anything proper with it besides make it a money hungry game, it gave people time to really work on their class and they at least had really fun events and dungeons. It'd be really awesome to see it again and the awesome community we had xD
  • katwulfkatwulf Posts: 1 Arc User
    Secrets of the Solstice was my very 1st MMO , I will always miss it. I would dearly LOVE to see it come back.
  • aliceakashiya0aliceakashiya0 Posts: 2 Arc User
    There weren't many ideas when it came to cash shop products so there is plenty of opportunity for you guys to add new and better things. This was my 1st MMO as well and havent found any game to even come close to keeping my attention as it did.
  • dylydyly Posts: 1 Arc User
    Oh this game was my baby. I was acting CL for the Warrior then Healer class as well as forum CL so I got to see the back end of Solstice. I was lucky enough to see the potential that Outspark never monololized on. I refuse to give up on this game. I, as well as over 350+ players are anxiously awaiting its return. There is so much potential with Solstice and I know that Arc could bring our baby back.

I started out playing Solstice during the CB era and what an amazing adventure it was. There were so many players who were helpful and we all set out together to open up this amazing world. When CB ended we all made a pack to come back during OB and run through these maps again. It was fantastic to see all the familiar names during OB. I invested so much money (lets just say I could have bought a nice car xD)into Solstice and would happily do it again. I have tried so many other games and none hold the place in my heart like Solstice does. I am currently raising 5 new gamers for Solstice and I would love to show them this amazing game.

PLEASE consider bringing back Solstice. There is endless opportunities with relaunching this gem.

Dylanangel aka LittleDylan
  • botsblitzbotsblitz Posts: 1 New User
    Me and my steam group army of nearly 100 players would join instantly.
  • shorty8d#7677 shorty8d Posts: 1 New User
    I miss SOS, someone should start it up again
  • ozzie95ozzie95 Posts: 2 New User
    I joined SoS when I was like 12 or 13 Years old. By now, I got 22y and I still remember it like it was yesterday. I'd log on also for just talking to the people who were kind to me, to the whole concept of the game.

If you guys just search around about this game, you won't only notice the threads talking about the closure to the game itself, but also the love people are showving to find a way to bring it back - you Arc, you can help us. In some way, there's must be someone willing to help us a get the game back up again.

We're so many.

I love you guys and I miss every bit of you.

Bowen.
  • sawars#8121 sawars Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 18
    I know that me and hubby would be back. I still have the thousands of screen shots saved on an external hard drive. Love my solstice family! And I want my bunny ears back D:

Sawars and whitelighter
  • sillywreckdsillywreckd Posts: 1 Arc User
    This was also my very first MMORPG and I've met so many great people that I still talk to, to this day !! Secret of the Solstice definitely had the formula right to be a very sociable game in which teamwork was needed for many instances and quests to complete.. there hasn't been any game that I've poured so many hours, blood, and tears( as well as money lolz ) into like I had with Solstice.. I would definitely come back without a second thought if you guys decide to bring back my once called home. The community was definitely an amazing experience about this game as well as the GM interactions we had with the lore of the game.. ( lol that Alistar and his raining of mobs in towns X__X ).. the game also had amazing soundtracks that i still listen to hahaha.. The game definitely had potential to be one of the best... So I hope you guys at Arc consider this game and i hope you will allow us to enjoy this game with you guys as much as we did before !
    > @botsblitz said:
    > Me and my steam group army of nearly 100 players would join instantly.
    Send ur army bro we need help
  • broomcyclebroomcycle Posts: 1 Arc User
    I miss this game was my first MMORPG that I fell in love with. I have so many things that I follow in hopes that on day it will be revived. Please bring back Secret of the Solstice, it is a wonder game to play!!!!!! The community the family feeling when you log in and walk around Brynhild square omg I'm so going to start the OST right now cause a wave of nostalgia just came over me.
  • nivieraniviera Posts: 1 New User
    Secret of the solstice was awesome to play. So many memories of the awesome people and amazing times had in this game. Would love to see it come back. Would definitely be playing it every day, and putting money into it as well.
  • ozzie95ozzie95 Posts: 2 New User
    Just to mention this Arc, here 640 and more signatures are the fact that this game is still loved and wanted from the community that once played it.

http.s://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-back-solstice-or-reborn-outspark
    (remove the dot after http)

Please!
  • biky#3177 biky Posts: 1 New User
    Hello Solstice people ! Glad to see you here. Hope all of you have been well. I'm Biky from Adeline server. Been a Solstice player since it was an open beta in 2007. Really wish this game would come back. I abandoned it for Perfect World International to be honest, but I don't play PWI anymore, all I want is to play SoS again with all my fellow Xenians (Xenians as in people of Xen, not xenian the class).
  • sbcn2209sbcn2209 Posts: 1 New User
    Hi - How about ARC create a Stargate version - the options are endless here and would be very cool for the sci-fi fans.
  • stormtopertikistormtopertiki Posts: 1 New User
    It was such a great game please bring it back theirs such a big fan base for this game after its been shut down.
  • dhoming#7834 dhoming Posts: 1 Arc User
    Made an account to say I want to play it again!
  • dboss#4730 dboss Posts: 1 New User
    DBoss here and a long time sots fan. Played it for most of my youth and it holds a special place in my heart. I would definitely play it again if Arc picked it up.
  • ishtar#2522 ishtar Posts: 1 New User
    Another old SotS player here (XITemplarXI, Adeline) and I miss this game quite a bit. Like some others here, it was my first MMO, so it holds a special place in my heart. I'd definitely play it again - the game was enjoyable with an interesting story.