test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc Streaming Service!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Posts: 2,034 Cryptic Developer
Livestreaming just got even easier with the all-new Arc Streaming update! Players can enjoy seamless Twitch streaming with any game available on Arc!

You can learn more about the feature here.

We'd love to hear your feedback on our latest update to our Arc client. Please note: Our new Arc Streaming update is currently a Beta feature as we continue to update and improve the service for players like you!

Comments

• pratyekapratyeka Posts: 1 Arc User
    How about not default to Shift-S which is used in NW by all classes.
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Posts: 2 Arc User
    Trendy, I just found this feature and it freaked me out. Could we please not turn on the webcam until we are ready to stream? I honestly dont want my webcam on when I am not ready to stream anything.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • mastermigormastermigor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Arc Stream Beta - setting keep showing up will I am trying to play a game or when I am trying to type in chat.
  • jaghen71jaghen71 Posts: 1 New User
    I also agree with pratyeka. Your use of shift-s was very poorly thought out. Are you not aware of the games you are selling and keystrokes that are critical to game play? At the very least you should be able to customize what key strokes activate the streaming. It makes it very hard to play Neverwinter. Is there a way we can modify the key(s) that activate the arc streaming? Thanks.
  • strexxxickstrexxxick Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Can we please have an option to delete this streaming stuff. In multi client gaming this arcOSOverlay eats all my CPU away.

https://gyazo.com/ba033353d5a8e35f5ea52810c684d542
  • onehyakonehyak Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The default Shift+S needs to go. This is an escape combo in Neverwinter. Dying in mass combat because you can't escapedue to a pop up that won't clear with the escape button is enfuriating. I love STO and NW, but this ARC spam is annoying. Giant thumbs Down to the deployment of this.
  • Entirely agree with everyone here. When you the reason your master dungeon group wiped because some overlay screen pop up when you are using default game mechanics... I almost broke a keyboard because I was banging so hard to try and fix it in time
  • Agreed whomever thought up the Shift-S has clearly never actually played any of the games Arc supports. Its so bad its actually game breaking and needs to be changed promptly. Clearly this function never actually got Alpha tested before being foisted upon us to do the "beta" testing.
  • spacecrazy4spacecrazy4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have to second the motion for the option of removing streaming entirely. On older computers it uses up enough cpu and ram to slow down the games. I know I'm never going to use streaming at all so I'd like the option to remove it and keep it from slowing down my system.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Posts: 3 Arc User
    Putting needing to remove that default option there are some things that need to happen before this streaming service would be useful/getting views. The first thing is neverwinter's pvp might be okay for it but these games do not really have the type of content that are being streamed and viewed out there right now.

Especially if we look at STO there is literally no PvP and no world based pvp type game design in place which is the market for this and most PWE games are the same way. For example for tech as well STO can barely handle 15 people in an instance if you can get that many players together to do something to begin with. Reason I say this is this streaming area that PWE is trying to get into a lot of the steams are for mmorpg fights and experiences of maps/instances that have like 60-80 people per faction/co-op side.

So getting streams for this dungeon based content isn't going to do well with this since it would not be any different than a youtube walkthru video. So if you are looking for some reason to slow down your resources this much there has to be a positive reason for doing so just my opinion based on successful streaming I've seen with mmorpg's.
  • pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Whenever I simply hit the shift key this things pops up.

Every. Time.

I play Champions Online, which has that key as their block function. Unless I can disable or change this, I am completely unable to play the game. Thanks.
  • sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Every week that goes by makes me think more and more that the Cryptic team are a bunch of high school students who haven't played MMOS long enough to do the job required. This latest STREAMING BS just points towards that even more. It seems like a fanbois toy more than an actual tool!
    The Wild Bunch - The House of Souless

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
    KDF Division Recruiting CO
  • kheycey#8004 kheycey Posts: 1 Arc User
    :)