test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ARC doesn't launch under Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

adorkabledoriadorkabledori Posts: 3 Arc User
As the title says: ARC and Windows 10 Anniversary Edition isn't a happy marriage. Whatever I try, I can't launch the ARC client. Nothing happens as in not launching at all. Yet I am still able to play the games which where installed on a separated drive (launch directly from the map).

Comments

• kurgan2001kurgan2001 Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue.
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Posts: 3 Arc User
    Don't know what I have done, but suddenly the ARC Launcher does work. I have changed nothing in my settings on my PC. Strange.
  • myke51myke51 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here will not launch at all. Thought it might help if I reinstall arc client again, but afraid that might make things worse. I guess I'll wait for update. Very irritating.
  • Yeah, im quite peeved. Was excited to play STO with my friend after i updated and it was all like "Nope"
  • mwaldron99mwaldron99 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Grab today's patch and it works perfectly here. Thanks Devs! AND they have a newly downloadable executable file dated 20160803, so if you have a Win10 PC previously, get that to a USB drive and try it.
  • kurgan2001kurgan2001 Posts: 7 Arc User

Grab today's patch and it works perfectly here. Thanks Devs! AND they have a newly downloadable executable file dated 20160803, so if you have a Win10 PC previously, get that to a USB drive and try it.

it'd be nice if they would update the stub itself so it would actually work and apply the update as needed. I had to go to a different machine without the win10 anniversary update .. put arc on, wait for the update to finish then copy that folder from that computer to my other and overwrite the folder there. So annoying.
  • cellablockcellablock Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2016

can you posta link to that file please

found a fix guys just uninstall arc and download it once more from the game you play page example i am playing neverwinter i download the never winter arc setup and its working now
  • Omg! Thank you so much Devs! and thank you for the file!
  • brighamgbrighamg Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for the link mwaldron ...

I tried the repair and including trying to install fresh from the main site ... that wouldn't work either.
    A selection of my STO windows background ScreenShots
    http://www.risk-gaming.com/content.php B)
    @Datalives
    United Federation 55th
  • lowjohnlowjohn Posts: 2 Arc User
    I had this problem. I uninstalled ARC and reinstalled it and the problem vanished.
  • myke51myke51 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Just to confirm. I uninstalled arc got to the point where it asks you to keep the games check the bullet, continue with uninstall. Then go back to arcgames.com and get the 9.2 mb download and not necessary to go to your game page stay on the main page where it says 9.2mb download and voila everything works fine! Now seems that everything is working with windows 10 after the anniversary update thank goodness!
  • therealvisvivatherealvisviva Posts: 1 Arc User
    Patch worked for me. Ah Windows 10. You're either one of the lucky ones with a rig and software that just works with it, or every single little thing is a struggle.
  • neoatticusneoatticus Posts: 16 Arc User
    I reinstalled and I still can't launch ARC. I see it in my Task Manager, but I have no icon, no window, and I can't launch ANY ARC enabled games (like Neverwinter or STO).
  • quepanquepan Posts: 21 Arc User
    you quite have to completely uninstall the arc client and remove everything and reinstall , i dont know what would cause it to work one moment and just not work the next , my other Launchers like STEAM and Origin , uplay don't behave like this
    ANTKBsig1_zps841ee146.jpg
  • thecrusher#6644 thecrusher Posts: 3 Arc User
    Even on the other platforms mentioned to quepan, while a fresh installation is required as mentioned by several other users as well... it helps to go to the various Cryptic & Game directories and set the .EXE files to run as Administrator.

I use WEX (Windows 10 Enterprise) and have zero problems, and I'm in a very high security environment for work related purposes as well.

Here are the general file paths for the .EXE files that may vary depending on your own installation choices...

\Program Files (x86)\ArcGames\Arc\... ( "..." means ALL ".EXE" files )

\Program Files (x86)\ArcGames\Arc\gamepatch\bl\Blacklight Retribution.exe

\Program Files (x86)\ArcGames\Arc\gamepatch\woi\launcher.exe

\Program Files (x86)\ArcGames\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online.exe

\Program Files (x86)\ArcGames\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient.exe

...and here's a screen shot of where to make the changes...

drive.google.com/file/d/0B05TdGxIiMi9V3FxVmdIT2IyWjA/view

Hope those having challenges getting the Cryptic Software and related games are able to use this info to get the programs to be on their best behavior for Windows 10. :)

Enjoy.
  • portthosportthos Posts: 1 Arc User
    So, my question to "thecrusher"is this. Is your method a sure fix for Arc Launcher and windows 10 Pair up? Has anyone else had viable success using Thecrushers fix?
    I have yet to update to the Anniversary upgrade because of Arc Launcher problems as well as Steam launcher problems.