test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming Arc Platform-Wide & Game Maintenance

yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Posts: 20 admin
edited April 2016 in Community Announcements
Hi All,

In an effort to improve our network stability, we are planning additional maintenances this week and next week. These maintenances will affect several of the Arc platform services as well as connections to our games including Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, PWI and more. Here is a schedule of additional maintenances including what services/games will be inaccessible:

Wednesday, March 23 – 5:00 am PDT to 7:00 am PDT

This maintenance will block access to Arc logins, some servers from our Beijing titles, Blacklight Retribution and channeled games launched from the Arc platform.

Thursday, March 24 – 6:00 am PDT to 7:30 am PDT

This maintenance will block access to Neverwinter (PC/Xbox One), Star Trek Online, Champions Online and some servers from our Beijing titles. Please note, Cryptic games will still run their normal maintenance on this day.

Wednesday, March 30 – 7:00 am PDT to 9:00 am PDT

This maintenance will block access to Arc logins, some servers from our Beijing titles, Blacklight Retribution and channeled games launched from the Arc platform.

Thursday, March 31 – 8:00 am PDT and 11:00 am PDT

We will be doing testing during both of these times, which may cause some players that experience disconnects from Neverwinter (PC/Xbox One), Star Trek Online, Champions Online and some servers from our Beijing titles.

Wednesday, April 6 – 8:00 am PDT and 11:00 am PDT

We will be doing testing during both of these times, which may cause some players that experience disconnects from Arc, some servers from our Beijing titles, Blacklight Retribution and channeled games launched from the Arc platform.

UPDATE: We are no longer running the testing on Wednesday, April 6. Instead, we will be running an additional maintenance to improve our network capabilities. More information can be found here.

We appreciate the patience as we work to deliver a quality game and platform experience.

PWE Community Team
Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
Support | YouTube
Post edited by yetweallfalldown on

Comments

• vishara022vishara022 Posts: 1 New User
    Ya' know how after the Xbox tradebar store fiasco you guys put out a statement that included a goal of better communication? Posting new downtime the night before, especially when this is an obviously planned project, fails in that goal.
  • kuero21kuero21 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Well, they removed coal and pres wards from tradebar store because their goal was not to have items in both, the zen market and the trade bar store at the same time, though, certain dyes and fashion sets do exist in both stores. So another goal they failed on.
  • dwwolfedwwolfe Posts: 1 Arc User
    So here is interesting question, IF there is an event currently running, and these patches create an even less sustainable play interaction, will there be some sort of recourse for those unable to finish said events? Like the current Breach event in STO
  • grotesquegoddessgrotesquegoddess Posts: 1 Arc User
    Will this fix the inability to queue for Blacklake Terror skirmish?
  • riseofthephenixriseofthephenix Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yeah!!!!! STO player base 390 000 and dropping. Continue with your rubbish maintenance, and STO will disappear into oblivion.
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    Yeah!!!!! STO player base 390 000 and dropping. Continue with your rubbish maintenance, and STO will disappear into oblivion.

The announcement for the planned maintenance was posted yesterday.

It's only rubbish if you can't be bothered to read.​​
  • kread999kread999 Posts: 1 Arc User
    To sylent thunder, your reply to a customer of arc is rude and terse, I will be forwarding your post to Arc Games to see if they want such a rude individual as yourself associated with them.
    I would hope not , as the last thing this game needs is rude arrogant moderators.
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2016

riseofthephenix;12701427" said:

Wow! just....wow...
  • tiagerostiageros Posts: 1 Arc User
    kread999 wrote: »
    To sylent thunder, your reply to a customer of arc is rude and terse, I will be forwarding your post to Arc Games to see if they want such a rude individual as yourself associated with them.
    I would hope not , as the last thing this game needs is rude arrogant moderators.
    I don't see it as being that rude. Also, how is a scheduled maintenance to improve functionality "rubbish"? You would have to be a complete idiot to think that improving something is crap. Oh... Wait.... they are. Sylen's response, though blunt, isn't offensive.

I mean, look at the FB channels for the games. People are all full of QQ and crying/cussing about Arc being down, or not being able to log into their games.

None of them would have any issues if they could be bothered to read the bloody news and do basic maths for timezones.​​
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Posts: 7 Arc User
    wow tiageros has one post and defends the moderator...does that look a bit suspicious? :expressionless:

I agree that maintenance is neccesary. However the communication was critisized. And while I haven't got a prob with the short notice as it doesn't affect my Play, I guess some Players may be happier if they know beforehand - esp. when there is an Event going on.

We all have bad days and I assume that the moderator has one - but as someone who used to work in customer Service - that sort of Response wasn't very job-friendly. If my boss had cought me saying something like that I'd have been fired on the spot.
    edited March 2016

riseofthephenix;12701427" said:

I guess I need to reply to this post from a new moderator.

Here is a link to actual steam players, just for a start.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/9900

Now I have been playing STO since 2012, I doubt very much that you can say as much. In all that time I have posted 8 times, so I'm not one for complaining much. But PWC Has been using the same pathetic excuses for as long as I have been playing.

Further more If STO wasn't using such an obsolete game engine, you would not have gotten the problems you have now.

Well that is me signing off.

PS :As a player whom spent some money from time to time, I can say what I want, when I want. Maybe as a moderator you should brush up on your diplomatic skills.
  • joeciscojoecisco Posts: 3 Arc User
    LOL @ everyone ragging on SylenThunder.

@hugin1205 Post counts don't carry across the different Arc forums. I bet I have 2 posts here, and a much larger amount on the others. SylenThunder for example, only has 240 here, well over 2000 on the PWI forum (where he is a moderator, and not a bad one at that, though definitely very blunt), and he had several thousand before the migration to Vanilla.

@riseofthephenix STO isn't even developed by PWE. It's a Cryptic game. I played it in closed beta, but quit due to the extreme forced microtransactions. At least STO's engine isn't as obsolete as the one they use for PWI and FW, which are two of the largest income titles for PWE. Hell, even Neverwinter earns more than STO. The game engine that PWI and FW run on, was released in 2004. It can't even utilize multi-core CPU's or the GPU.

Also, a really big LOL at everyone bitching about an announced maintenance. You guys are a hoot! I'll see yall tomorrow when you can't get to your servers again because of the previously mentioned planned maintenance.

Have we derailed this enough? Is there a moderator around to close/cleanup the thread?​​
    joecisco said:

LOL @ everyone ragging on SylenThunder.

@hugin1205 Post counts don't carry across the different Arc forums. I bet I have 2 posts here, and a much larger amount on the others. SylenThunder for example, only has 240 here, well over 2000 on the PWI forum (where he is a moderator, and not a bad one at that, though definitely very blunt), and he had several thousand before the migration to Vanilla.

@riseofthephenix STO isn't even developed by PWE. It's a Cryptic game. I played it in closed beta, but quit due to the extreme forced microtransactions. At least STO's engine isn't as obsolete as the one they use for PWI and FW, which are two of the largest income titles for PWE. Hell, even Neverwinter earns more than STO. The game engine that PWI and FW run on, was released in 2004. It can't even utilize multi-core CPU's or the GPU.

Also, a really big LOL at everyone bitching about an announced maintenance. You guys are a hoot! I'll see yall tomorrow when you can't get to your servers again because of the previously mentioned planned maintenance.

Have we derailed this enough? Is there a moderator around to close/cleanup the thread?​​

I have to apologies for one thing. I though that STO server was own by PWE, when in fact it is own by Cryptic. So sorry.

That said, I knew that Cryptic developed the STO.
  • kuero21kuero21 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Well if some players/ forum users don't know how to behave and start to insult and curse around then they shouldn't expect anything better than a response of similar niveau.
  • sexatonsexaton Posts: 1 Arc User
    i propose a boycott of anyone spending any more money until they fix the horrible lag issues that are only getting worse in neverwinter
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    sexaton wrote: »
    i propose a boycott of anyone spending any more money until they fix the horrible lag issues that are only getting worse in neverwinter
    http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1194404/traceroute-pinging-the-internet-and-you

also
    http://www.mmodesigner.com/?p=82 (Just because some people think it's lag, but it's actually not.)​​
  • zebularzebular Posts: 573 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Just an FYI for STO, CO, and NW players:

FYI for upcoming maintenance(s): You can load these games without ARC, just find Neverwinter.exe, Star Trek Online.exe, or Champions Online.exe in your installation directory and run it directly. No need to log into ARC to play these three games. This may or may not change in the future but is a good work-around for playing these games during ARC maintenance or other ARC downtimes. If the actual login servers go down however, then this won't help.
    [ Support Center • PWE Rules & Policies • ARC ToS ]
    Zebular
    [ Handles: @zebular (PC) & MtnDewFreak (XBOX) | Character Biographies: Neverwinter, Star Trek Online | FR DM Since 1993 ]