test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Total System Failure Launching With ARC

suzisinsuzisin Posts: 3 Arc User
I know this Game is not Run by ARC,I have launched the game through ARC before with no problems.This last launch was months ago.Since the last time I launched the game I had a hardware problem with my hard drive.In short I had to replace my hard drive and I was unable to save a large amount of data.One of the programs I lost was Elsword.Since I didn't play it that often and wasn't really into the game that much I never reinstalled it.When ARC started their rewards thing I decided to reinstall the game because I wanted to get rewards and I figured I'd give the game another chance as well.After I installed, I launched the game,it went though the update,no problems there.after it finished the first window closed and a smaller window opened.That's where things started to go bad.First there was a flash onscreen and my windows visual settings went to default.The internet connection disabled as well as the sound,then all desktop icons disappeared.I was left with nothing but the desktop image and my mouse cursor witch I could still move.Nothing else worked.About 30 seconds after that the monitor shut off because it said it didn't have a signal.The final result was I had to restart my computer.Now I know ARC only offers this game to play and doesn't have anything to do with the games servers,and from the looks of the furum that ARC provides there isn't much activity on it.I can't send a support ticket to the games web site because it doesn't recognize my ARC account login info or password.So this is as much effort as I'm going to do.This is just to inform anyone who stumbles accross this forum.Maybe the developers might be the ones who do and they will respond or fix the problem.

Comments

• sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    suzisin wrote: »
    I know this Game is not Run by ARC,I have launched the game through ARC before with no problems.This last launch was months ago.Since the last time I launched the game I had a hardware problem with my hard drive.In short I had to replace my hard drive and I was unable to save a large amount of data.

One of the programs I lost was Elsword. Since I didn't play it that often and wasn't really into the game that much I never reinstalled it. When ARC started their rewards thing I decided to reinstall the game because I wanted to get rewards and I figured I'd give the game another chance as well. After I installed, I launched the game, it went though the update, no problems there.after it finished the first window closed and a smaller window opened.

That's where things started to go bad. First there was a flash onscreen and my windows visual settings went to default. The internet connection disabled as well as the sound, then all desktop icons disappeared. I was left with nothing but the desktop image and my mouse cursor witch I could still move. Nothing else worked. About 30 seconds after that the monitor shut off because it said it didn't have a signal. The final result was I had to restart my computer.

Now I know ARC only offers this game to play and doesn't have anything to do with the games servers, and from the looks of the forum that ARC provides there isn't much activity on it. I can't send a support ticket to the games web site because it doesn't recognize my ARC account login info or password. So this is as much effort as I'm going to do. This is just to inform anyone who stumbles across this forum. Maybe the developers might be the ones who do and they will respond or fix the problem.
    First. Walls of text suck balls. No one wants to read a wall. Especially if you cannot use the spacebar after punctuation. I fixed your quote so people might actually hear what you are saying.

Second. The issues you are having are almost certainly a problem specific on your PC. If you want to get assistance on this, you need to post some information that will help people like me to assist people like you. To get a general idea, check the link in my sig for "PWI Tech Support". I list many troubleshooting steps, and also the kind of information I need to help you resolve your issue. Sure some of it is specific to PWI, but most of it will apply to any Angelica engine game.​​