After weeks of development and bringing in talent from across the community it's time for the official release the unofficial PWE Forums Enhancement Extension! This is a user script that can be added to your browser that fixes a lot of the shortcomings of the forums and adds a ton of features on top of it.
Currently supported browsers are Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Opera. Support for Internet Explorer may come in a future update.
There are several ways to install user scripts but the easiest way is typically through a browser extension like Grease Monkey. Click the above link for more info. If you already have Grease Monkey or something similar you can just click this.
- Built-in theme manager filled with tons of themes made by talented members of the PWE community. All automatically updated with the latest versions. Lots of addons to customize the themes to your liking. Note: If you're already using a custom forum style through "Stylish" you should disable it if you want to use the bundled themes.
- Block annoying forum trolls with a single click
- Editor buttons for choosing Fonts, Font Color, and Font Size. Can automatically apply your favorite font color to your posts when submitting.
- Over 1000 emotes to choose from! Choose your favorite bundles:
and they will appear in the editor.
- Preview opening and last comments from the category view
- Browse the native forums directly without any of the bugs that come with being forced to use the embedded version.
- Built-in game specific links for whatever PWE game you play
- A highly customizable interface so you can pick and choose whatever features you want
- Automatic updating
- Probably a lot more!
Troubleshooting - Wallpapers look really stretched out.
This is caused by browsing the embedded version of the forums. This version of the forums has numerous bugs and shortcomings and it is recommended to browse the native version at http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/
- I keep getting redirected to the embedded version of the forums from Chrome
Unfortunately due to a bug Tampermonkey can not currently guarantee the script runs before the redirect occurs. To prevent the recommended that you block the redirect from happening with Ad Block.
1) Click the Ad Block button in the browser window.
2) Click 'Options'.
3) Click 'Customize' at the top.
4) Next to Manually edit your filters: click 'Edit'
5) In the box paste the following url: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/js/embed_local.js
6) Click 'Save'
This has the side effect of disabling the embedded version of the site but the forums will always be available from http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com
- The comment previews aren't showing up
This has been caused by conflicts with security related extensions such as "Avast Online Security". You will have to add an exception to the security or disable the extension.