test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PWE Forums Enhancement Extension - Discussion and Requests

Comments

• smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Posts: 66 Arc User
    I guess for STO there's always the images on https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/media​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long [font="title-Space Cadet ☮"][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Just like to say I like the transparency in forum view, with custom wallpapers this forum looks a lot better thanks again guys. hG7UctY.png​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long [font="title-Space Cadet ☮"][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    Ehh random wallpaper is kinda annoying since the wallpaper has to be downloaded every page refresh. I'm not sure it's worth it.

could store when it was last randomised and only pick a new random if 24 hours or a user set period has passed. not a feature I use but I am sure others would appreciate some diversity if they have a few images they like
    ​​
    Another anomaly with the preview.
    Fora
    14uktJH.png?1

Forum
    Xs6l0rC.png?1

​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
  • asterelleasterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Another anomaly with the preview.
    Fora
    14uktJH.png?1

Forum
    Xs6l0rC.png?1
    That one is a little weird. If you look at the url in the discussion view it has the page number of the last post but if you look at the url in the category view it doesn't have that page number. If I don't pass the page number in the request then it won't show me the last comment. I'll probably remove the last comment preview from category view for now.

It's really weird how there is a category view and a discussion view but the discussion view can include categories.
    ​​
    Just discovered that Animated gifs work as wallpaper! Wow...​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    Just discovered that Animated gifs work as wallpaper! Wow...
    7FGBI8Q.jpg

​​
    dnmKpNo.gif
    Just discovered that Animated gifs work as wallpaper! Wow...
    7FGBI8Q.jpg

​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    I put a quick album together. Got 2 pics for each game (save for Swordsman, struggled to get one good sized image for that), plus I've added in my STO theme backgrounds along with the alternates I have commented out in my CSS for them.
    why comment out your backgrounds? the wallpaper addon already allowed people to change the existing one. its likely that your users were happy enough with the default, and now all the users of your theme will need to find the album url and reset it for pretty much no reason.

I think khamseenair meant that there were alternate backgrounds already in the CSS that were commented out that people who used Stylish could edit to enable.
    ah! you are right. that makes sense.

Yeah, that's what I meant. :D
    Ehh random wallpaper is kinda annoying since the wallpaper has to be downloaded every page refresh. I'm not sure it's worth it.

Hmm yes that could be a bit annoying, probably more annoying that just manually changing it every now and again if you feel like doing so.
    I guess for STO there's always the images on https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/media

That's actually where I sourced most of the images. :D
    7FGBI8Q.jpg

normal-2.gif Story of my life.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
    Random + default wallpapers are now available in v1.1.1
    The default wallpapers are available if your list is empty.
    Let me know of any problems.
    ​​
    Awesome! vQTD03D.png​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    edited July 2015
    v1.2.0 is out which enables Custom User Titles for Enhance Promoters.

So what is an Enhance Promoter?

An Enhance Promoter is an extra cool Enhance User that adds a link pointing to this thread to their signature.

To do this after you have v1.2.0 of the extension just head over to your Signature Settings.
    1) Enter the desired custom promoter title you want in the field. (up to 20 characters)
    2) Hit the button to add the special link to your signature.
    3) Hit the Save button.

You're done! The promo link has been added to the bottom of your signature with whatever alignment the rest of your signature uses.
    Your Custom User Title should now be visible to all other Enhance Users as long as they have signatures visible.
    The promo link is only visible for non-enhanced users so you don't have to worry about it cluttering up your signature.

Also I've added new links to the Enhance Options menu (blue cog) that point to this thread and lets you read the what's new dialog again.

EDIT: v1.2.0.1 Disabled temporarily due to bug with different signature formats.
    EDIT2: v1.2.0.2 Re enabled with support for all signature formats

​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    pretty snazzy idea there​​
    edited July 2015
    i reckon it needs to be debugged.
    aside from the formatting, i see it even when using enhance
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Posts: 11,801 Arc User
    v1.2.0 is out which enables Custom User Titles for Enhance Promoters.

So what is an Enhance Promoter?

An Enhance Promoter is an extra cool Enhance User that adds a link pointing to this thread to their signature.

To do this after you have v1.2.0 of the extension just head over to your Signature Settings.
    1) Enter the desired custom promoter title you want in the field. (up to 20 characters)
    2) Hit the button to add the special link to your signature.
    3) Hit the Save button.

You're done! The promo link has been added to the bottom of your signature with whatever alignment the rest of your signature uses.
    Your Custom User Title should now be visible to all other Enhance Users as long as they have signatures visible.
    The promo link is only visible for non-enhanced users so you don't have to worry about it cluttering up your signature.

Also I've added new links to the Enhance Options menu (blue cog) that point to this thread and lets you read the what's new dialog again.

this doesn't seem to be working properly

when i enter my title, this is what appears in the signature box when i hit the promo link button

<br><a href="http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1195098"; title="Master Pyromancer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><font color="#69CAFE">Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</font></a>

and that's exactly what shows up in my signature when i hit the save button and go to take a look at it in a topic i've posted in...somehow, i don't think it's supposed to be showing up like that

i use firefox v39.0, in case it's a browser related issue​​
    edited July 2015
    I've disabled this feature in v1.2.0.1 until I can straighten this out. They changed the default format settings for signatures at some point without me realizing it. My signature was still on the old format settings as I suspect is the case for a lot of people. I'll have to add support for different formats before I re enable this feature.

I apologize for the trouble. Please remove the link from your signatures manually for now.
    ​​
    Alright in v1.2.0.2 I have tested the custom titles now with BBCode, HTML, and wysiwyg formats for signatures. The signature formats on the forums was a real mess.

@shadowfang240 Let me know if you encounter any more problems.

@tehbubbaloo Yours wouldn't actually show up since you already have a cool signature. Hmm maybe I should allow an extra promoter title anyway. I had to adjust the encoding to accommodate the different formats so you might have to delete what was already inserted manually.
    ​​
    Added a link to my sig. Custom title or not, it's good to get more people using it so they can appreciate how much better the forums are with it.​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited July 2015
    well, the title and signature both work now; looks good, and now i can refer anyone not yet using the enhancement to the link in my sig instead of having to keep finding this link in my bookmarks

EDIT: well, it's half working; as soon as i refreshed the page, the link vanished​​
    edited July 2015
    well, the title and signature both work now; looks good, and now i can refer anyone not yet using the enhancement to the link in my sig instead of having to keep finding this link in my bookmarks
    People who already have the extension won't see the link, the link is meant for the un-enhanced.
    The objective for me is to convert the un-enhanced into enhance users so that later I can do some fun forum events and games.

A link to this discussion is also available under the blue cog now if you want to copy and paste the url somewhere else.
    ​​
    well, that's going to be rather unnerving referring someone to something in my signature that i can't see, but as long as others who don't already have the addon can see it, it's not a big deal​​
    edited July 2015
    Good point, I'll add an option to make the links visible later
    well, thanks again for doing this; it's definitely made my transition far smoother

i do have a question, though; can those who don't have the enhancement installed see custom titles or will they just see Arc User under everyone's avatar?​​
    well, thanks again for doing this; it's definitely made my transition far smoother

i do have a question, though; can those who don't have the enhancement installed see custom titles or will they just see Arc User under everyone's avatar?

They just see 'Arc User'.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Alright in v1.2.0.2 I have tested the custom titles now with BBCode, HTML, and wysiwyg formats for signatures. The signature formats on the forums was a real mess.

@shadowfang240 Let me know if you encounter any more problems.

@tehbubbaloo Yours wouldn't actually show up since you already have a cool signature. Hmm maybe I should allow an extra promoter title anyway. I had to adjust the encoding to accommodate the different formats so you might have to delete what was already inserted manually.

it all seems to be working as expected from my end now vQTD03D.png​​
    v1.2.1 has option to show the promo links (default is off) and enables the promoter titles for theme authors + others.​​
    edited July 2015
    I shouldnt be seeing the Get the Forums Enhancement Extension! link now should I?

Also did you remove your own enhance developer title Ast?

Never mind version issue ;D
    ​​
    Are you running v1.2.1? Is the option being enabled by default?​​
    Timing is everything heh ;D posted just as you were adding detail of 1.2.1 ;D​​
    Woot, I got my 'Career Officer' title back, even if it's in a totally non legit workaround kind of fashion. :D ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg