test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PWE Forums Enhancement Extension - Discussion and Requests

Comments

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    asterelle wrote: »
    i just wish they were in a container div i could use to lay a gradient over to fade the text to background at the bottom.
    Ohh that's a good idea. I was going to cut off the text at some specific length and just put " ..." for the rest but I like the fade idea better. You should be able to do it with the .tooltip-comment:after pseudo element..

EDIT: Here it is an example though obviously it won't be red.
    KyJtU26.png
    perfect! ::after had never even entered my mind
    it will be in my next synch
    ​​
    it worked brilliantly @asterelle ​​
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Posts: 66 Arc User
    @smeeinn1t What browser is this? Also are you running an extra stylish script or companion script or anything? Does it show up if you disable ad block?

It's on Firefox 39.0 only script running is the Vanilla enhancement through greasemonkey, tried with and without adblok, also turned noscript off still no joy...​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long [font="title-Space Cadet ☮"][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hmm I prefer a simple max-height; overflow:hidden; text-overflow: ellipsis; that way you could perhaps have 2 different options for previews - wider/higher full text or narrow short abridged text just by switching css classes

Edit: Although having the fade out after the text might look cool - again probably prefer it optional

Just noticed something worth looking at - when I returned to the discussions page without refreshing it - and hovered over the last post in this thread (which showed as Smee's on hover the preview showed my text rather than his. I guess just something to be aware of. ​​
    Getting a strobe effect on some of the previews:
    WARNING FLASHING IMAGE.
    ExQsApK.gif
    ​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long [font="title-Space Cadet ☮"][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Getting a strobe effect on some of the previews:
    WARNING FLASHING IMAGE.
    ExQsApK.gif

I could be wrong, but it looks like that's being caused because of where the preview is opening. It's not opening to the side of your mouse, but instead directly underneath it. Which means you're technically not hovering over the item any more, causing it to close. Not sure why it's opening there though. ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • asterelleasterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    eiledon wrote: »
    Hmm I prefer a simple max-height; overflow:hidden; text-overflow: ellipsis; that way you could perhaps have 2 different options for previews - wider/higher full text or narrow short abridged text just by switching css classes

Edit: Although having the fade out after the text might look cool - again probably prefer it optional

Just noticed something worth looking at - when I returned to the discussions page without refreshing it - and hovered over the last post in this thread (which showed as Smee's on hover the preview showed my text rather than his. I guess just something to be aware of.

I tried the ellipse thing and it doesn't seem to work for multiline divs. It needs white-space: nowrap

@smeeinn1t Do you have any weird security setting on your browser? Is anyone else getting it? If you want to try resetting the settings press control+shift+k and in the console at the bottom type:
    delete localStorage.pweEnhancementSettings
    ​​
    @smeeinn1t Do you have any weird security setting on your browser? Is anyone else getting it? If you want to try resetting the settings press control+shift+k and in the console at the bottom type:
    [/color]
    ive had it do it to me a couple times as well. next time it happens i will look closer.

i noticed today that chrome seemed to intercept a forced frame an issued a 'leave this page?' dialogue. is that the enhavement? if so, its a nice improvement.
    ​​
    edited July 2015
    v1.1 is released! Custom wallpaper support has been added under the theme tab. You have to load an imgur wallpaper or gallery to use it. Here is a random one if you want to test it: http://imgur.com/gallery/4qyjL

DT78JTv.png

Just like in windows themes take priority over wallpapers so if you change themes the wallpaper gets changed with it. Not all wallpapers will look nice with all themes of course.

Feel free to share cool wallpaper galleries on the forums for your fellow Enhance Users.

[/color]
    ive had it do it to me a couple times as well. next time it happens i will look closer.

i noticed today that chrome seemed to intercept a forced frame an issued a 'leave this page?' dialogue. is that the enhavement? if so, its a nice improvement.

Yeah I'm really struggling to get the redirect to 100% in chrome. I've tried lots of things but sometimes things are run out of order and the redirect happens first even though I request to run before page loads. Firefox is 100% reliable with the redirect blocking.
    ​​
    edited July 2015
    Very nicely done on the custom backgrounds! That will be a handy feature for many people I'd say. :) ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Man I just spent 30 mins going through random wallpapers in the new settings.
    My desktop doesn't even have a wallpaper.

I need to add a way to share wallpapers by clicking a single link instead of copy and pasting the gallery URL.
    ​​
  • eldartheldarth Posts: 4,366 Arc User
    Q: Could we get a way of changing the delay for preview tooltips? They seem to appear much to quickly (for me anyway). ​​
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    having lots of fun with the wallpaper, curently getting some Mil city landscapes
    the greyscale images someone posted on http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1195103/pwe-forums-enhancement-extension

work well.
    I ended up with a baby meerkat on a sandy background which shows well through the blue​​
    Post edited by chaelk on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2015

Deleted local settings, restarted same issue. Disabled all plugins restarted and previews working, so re-enabled plugins one by one. Looks like Avast online security plugin is the culprit...
    kf0Ur55.png?2
    ​​
    Post edited by smeeinn1t on
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    Ahh glad that worked. For message previews I'm doing something weird with proxying the request to avoid it being marked as read by your local session. Maybe I should make a troubleshooting section.

Does anyone feel like putting together an imgur album of wallpapers from most of PWE's games that can be included as a default set of wallpapers? Having an empty default for that section is a little lame.
    ​​
    the wallpaper feature is pretty great!​​
    the wallpaper feature is pretty great!
    Definitely! Using this for mine.
    Vc7hWAC.jpg

​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
  • guljarolguljarol Posts: 469 Arc User
    the wallpaper feature is pretty great!

Indeed it is! I tried to change the default Romulan wallpaper, but gave up, fearing I'd mess something up in the script. But now? No problemo! :grin: ​​

Does anyone feel like putting together an imgur album of wallpapers from most of PWE's games that can be included as a default set of wallpapers? Having an empty default for that section is a little lame.

I put a quick album together. Got 2 pics for each game (save for Swordsman, struggled to get one good sized image for that), plus I've added in my STO theme backgrounds along with the alternates I have commented out in my CSS for them.

http://imgur.com/a/IKwve

Feel free to make use of it, or not. If anybody has any other images they'd like added to the album, feel free to send me a link.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited July 2015
    there are a couple of official ones here (big sizes too!) for swordsman

http://swordsman.gamepedia.com/Wallpapers

and here

http://www.gamewallpapers.com/wallpapers.php?titel=Swordsman (requires registration for hd versions unfortunately)
    ​​
    Ah nice, thanks. I've added those to the album now. :)​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Does the add in remember gallerys in order to refresh/update the list if new ones are added - or do you need to import the gallery each time?​​
    edited July 2015
    I put a quick album together.
    Thanks it looks good.
    Does the add in remember gallerys in order to refresh/update the list if new ones are added - or do you need to import the gallery each time?
    You have to load the gallery again if it changes. Most imgur galleries don't change and also I let users remove individual images from their list so I doubt I'll be doing any automatic reloading of the gallery.

Ohhh... I should do a random background option.
    ​​
    Looks like you need to refresh it each time. Though I'm not completely sure how Asterelle is linking it, there may be a way for the 'default' gallery to periodically refresh itself? ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Looks like you need to refresh it each time. Though I'm not completely sure how Asterelle is linking it, there may be a way for the 'default' gallery to periodically refresh itself?
    There's not really any linking. I just detect the gallery link, fetch the list of images from imgur, and add them to your wallpaper list. You can load multiple galleries in a row and all the images will be added to the list.​​
    Thanks it looks good.
    Does the add in remember gallerys in order to refresh/update the list if new ones are added - or do you need to import the gallery each time?
    You have to load the gallery again if it changes. Most imgur galleries don't change and also I let users remove individual images from their list so I doubt I'll be doing any automatic reloading of the gallery.

Ohhh... I should do a random background option.
    Looks like you need to refresh it each time. Though I'm not completely sure how Asterelle is linking it, there may be a way for the 'default' gallery to periodically refresh itself?
    There's not really any linking. I just detect the gallery link, fetch the list of images from imgur, and add them to your wallpaper list. You can load multiple galleries in a row and all the images will be added to the list.

Ah that makes sense. It's not that difficult to re-add the link if required. The default album probably wont change much anyway as it's really just a general selection and if people want their own specific one, they can handle that themselves very easily.

A random background option sound like a good idea.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    I put a quick album together. Got 2 pics for each game (save for Swordsman, struggled to get one good sized image for that), plus I've added in my STO theme backgrounds along with the alternates I have commented out in my CSS for them.
    why comment out your backgrounds? the wallpaper addon already allowed people to change the existing one. its likely that your users were happy enough with the default, and now all the users of your theme will need to find the album url and reset it for pretty much no reason.
    ​​
    why comment out your backgrounds? the wallpaper addon already allowed people to change the existing one. its likely that your users were happy enough with the default, and now all the users of your theme will need to find the album url and reset it for pretty much no reason.

I think khamseenair meant that there were alternate backgrounds already in the CSS that were commented out that people who used Stylish could edit to enable.
    ​​

I think khamseenair meant that there were alternate backgrounds already in the CSS that were commented out that people who used Stylish could edit to enable.
    ah! you are right. that makes sense.
    ​​
    Ehh random wallpaper is kinda annoying since the wallpaper has to be downloaded every page refresh. I'm not sure it's worth it.​​