test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Players Experiencing Disconnects [7/9]

13»

Comments

• Hi all just started playing on the X-box one and I attempted to do the Clockwork Approach dungeon after attempting to enter the instance loading screen display some thing like " Could not load player Container" after which I was disconnected and returned to the login screen. I logged back in and was not able to turn in my quest talk icon acted if I was out of line of sight, I would stand in front of the gate but could not travel, had a completed quest and could not turn it in, I was though how able to kill monsters but I could not pick up the loot. Funny thing is though I created another character and had none of these issues I was seeing on my lock. Please help me pally is cool but I would really like to get back to my lock =) Thank You sincerely Kbizz.
  • fuzzytek#2423 fuzzytek Posts: 2 New User
    Any chance that the version of Java being ran might be an issue? I found I've been running Java 8 update 71, the most recent is update 73. Perhaps if the shell checked on current Java version then guided users toward an update that might help. Remember Google Chrome won't run Java, so anyone using that as a primary browser might not know Java is behind in version. Need to use Firefox, IE, Safari, etc to check Java and make sure it is the official Java.com site (from Oracle). There have been hacks created of the Java Installer that bring in search engines and toolbars without notice.

For those reporting errors you might check out your currently installed Java version.
  • I realise that this is very old thread but as I sticky I decided to post here instead of creating a new one.
    Since the last update (24 March 2016) I have been getting frequently timeout errors/ disconnecting from Neverwinter servers. Anyone has the same problem?
    Before pointing to my ISP - I have a fiber internet to my home and my desktop PC is connected to the router via lan cable.
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    I realise that this is very old thread but as I sticky I decided to post here instead of creating a new one.
    Since the last update (24 March 2016) I have been getting frequently timeout errors/ disconnecting from Neverwinter servers. Anyone has the same problem?
    Before pointing to my ISP - I have a fiber internet to my home and my desktop PC is connected to the router via lan cable.
    Whatever quality your connection is, there's a hell of a lot of crap in between you and the servers.

Read this for some information and basic troubleshooting you can do.
    http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1194404/traceroute-pinging-the-internet-and-you​​
  • ok i keep getting disconnected from arc servers..its not my internet and/or cache...i even uninstalled arc and all games did a defrag and reinstalled everything im still get disconnected every 10-20 mins
  • ragnar#2297 ragnar Posts: 1 New User
    I can't believe after 6 years STO has the same problems. Server crashes, Bouncing/mindless ground NPC-crew, graphic glitches, PvP unbalanced and sucks, just pathetic. And to top it off charging $30 for a ship? Lock boxes for loot?, Making people pay money for a BROKE game is just ridiculous. Cryptic is a crap company
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    I've been experiencing constant disconnects due to packets being up in the 1kks-9kks these last two weeks.
  • LaughingTrendy is on Cogent Servers. 1st Cogent Servers are Enterprise Grade, just like the ones I use on my private cloud in my 2 data centers for work that I'm connected to when I do my job or play games. (I've got lots of contract rules I have to follow as well, so don't ask about it, or make any suggestions, everything in my config has its reasons :) ) . 2nd ... Cogent Server EndPoints are on the United States' West Coast providing a very direct route to the West Coast Server that's having problems as noted in this post here along with several other pertinent links that include a proper traceroute from Scotslad;

arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1228795/disconnects-crashes-delayed-map-loads-transfers-character-changes-oh-my-tkt-170220-001259

...and that brings me to 3rd...

3rd - The ONLY way to run a proper traceroute for the Developers that likely have very little actual server knowledge (speaking as someone with over 20 years of Server experience, and as a manager at my own work myself)...

...is to setup a Remote Workstation in either the Midwestern or Eastern United States to run STO on a static IP on say, small business internet ISP such as FiOS, Verizon DSL (or local company DSL) or whatever company AT&T recently bought out through its Comcast/Time Warner subsidiary recently bought out, and then run a Traceroute.

In short, Traceroutes that are as local as the one run by LaughingTrendy are NOT effective measures because both Consumer (Dynamic IP) and SMB (Small to Medium Business that can be Static or Dynamic IP) have ISP's that do NOT have the kind of direct access to the servers STO uses even if those end users are located on the West Coast of the United States.

Hope all find this helpful; especially LaughingTrendy who's now got some extra work, reading, and research to do. :D

Good luck to us all.
  • exaptedexapted Posts: 1 New User
    Fix the website , it works like shit to be honest ,i cannot log in even tho everything is correct, I get no error or anythin , it just loads and nothin happends after only that i get temporarely banned for 1 day that i tried multiple times to log in, and even that ban is a joke, if i log in with facebook on that email adress im magically unbanned. also. im trying to register with another email and im gettin "Someone else has already registered that Email Address. Please use one that has not been registered yet." But when i try to recover my email it says there's no user registered with that email. This website is full of exploits, bugs and i've only used it for 10 mins, probably if i use it for more i can already become admin here. Fix the website before u wanna promote a new game.
  • > @pwlaughingtrendy said:
    > Our networking team has identified the issue with connection that's affecting all of our titles. We'll keep you posted.
    >
    > ~LaughingTrendy

Lots of disconnects still