Finally

ghoststrife0
ghoststrife0 Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
can we complain about the supposed "Free" compensation that was supposed to happen now?
Post edited by lewstelamon01 on

Comments

• SnowChild
    SnowChild Posts: 17 Arc User
    In my opinion they should have mailed each character 3 crystal (Non-Tradable version) since that many items were supposed to be free and use them to buy those from the cs>> or mail each character a swimsuit and each of those dyes.

But why not make people buy to obtain something that was supposed to be free in the first place?
    It's quite logic.
    SnowChild [Lvl. 40 - 35 Sorcerer / 5 Cleric]-[Full Rena set(+5) + Teneth Staff(+6)]-[Halloween Costume + full Obsidian's of Intelligence +2]
    IcyRose [Lvl.40 Support Cleric]-[Full Rena set + Teneth Staff + Teneth One Hand Mace]
    SnowDust [Lvl. 40 PVE Defender]-[Full Rena set + Teneth Sword]
    MistySnow [ Lvl.40 PVE Berserker]-[Full Rena set + Teneth Great Sword]
    QueenSnow [Lvl. 27 PVE Assassin]
  • jacktehr1pp3r
    jacktehr1pp3r Posts: 28 Arc User
    The did mention before the migration that they were going to test it since it was the first time they actually put something for 0 crystal in the cash shop, so maybe something went wrong. Which wouldn't surprise me considering how things operate around here.
  • SnowChild
    That still doesn't change the fact it was supposed to be free.
    free=Gratis, without payment required (as of Wikipedia)
    Correct me if i am wrong but the cost of 1 crystal does not seem free anymore is it?

And since some players might not want to buy crystals from others just to get those 3 cs items it already is unfair and a discrimination towards the rest of the people.
    Either all get it or either none will.
    Make the price 1 crystal sure but make sure all players get the crystal to buy those items.

The 1st day the server was opened and the items were 1 crystal the cost of 1 crystal in TM was 50 gold.
    Last time i checked the price for 1 crystal was 20 Gold.

It makes me feel so bag for the ones that actually farmed for those crystal to buy the swimsuit at its real price.
    Just say someone had lots of crystals and buys lots of swimsuits and after a month or more after the 1 crystal offer expires he will sell them even if he sells each at 200 gold/piece he will get rich.

Why not send all players 2 scroll of heroes (1 week duration each)? [ofc some will say no that's way to little}
    It might not seem much but at least it would not been such a big discrimination.
    Or why not make a log-in event (they can do that with out MAIET) and offer some prizes and who ever logs in daily for the duration of the event gets a additional item when the even ends.
    There are a lot of ways to settle it or a lot of ideas all better and more correct then what they did.
    Why not make a forum poll to make us vote what we want?

They did what they did and now its to late for them to back down.
    SnowChild [Lvl. 40 - 35 Sorcerer / 5 Cleric]-[Full Rena set(+5) + Teneth Staff(+6)]-[Halloween Costume + full Obsidian's of Intelligence +2]
    IcyRose [Lvl.40 Support Cleric]-[Full Rena set + Teneth Staff + Teneth One Hand Mace]
  • jacktehr1pp3r
    I actually prefer what they did. I was able to buy over 40 dyes, compared to 3 items I was going to get for free. The deal was way better.
  • SnowChild
    edited June 2015
    And let me guess you will use 5 or a certain amount of them and the rest you will sell once the event with 1 crystal ends and profit am i right?

A lot might like it but just because something is what it is advertized for to be does not mean is good now is it?
    can we complain about the supposed "Free" compensation that was supposed to happen now?

Call me wrong but your kinda attacking your own words.

PS :

The compensation should have been made with out any discrimination towards the players and you can see that clearly that there is a discrimination.
  • jacktehr1pp3r
    I don't plan to sell them, I actually spend a lot of time, resources and efforts in costumes. I perfectly understand your point. But think about it, 3 free items vs all you can buy extremely cheap?
  • ohmi
    ohmi Posts: 79 Perfect World Employee
    Trailturtle posted an update, but it's on the old forums and probably no one saw it. I'll repost it here:

Hey folks,

As you may have noticed, the Swimsuit and the dyes are not available for 0 crystals; they are available for 1. We were unable to sufficiently test it before it went live, and as a result, we're where we are.

When we pushed the marketplace update during the maintenance, we discovered that -- when an item is set to 0 crystals -- it doesn't show up in the crystal shop UI. Instead, it disappears from the marketplace entirely. Since we were in the middle of the maintenance and needed to come to a quick resolution, we decided to set them to one crystal each.

We're now experimenting with other things, hoping we can still make them free. We're trying setting them up in the ZEN portion of the store, then discounting them to 0 ZEN each; perhaps that'll work.

We'll keep you all updated. For now, the three gift items are 1 crystal each, which isn't bad, but we're hoping to get better. Thanks everyone for your patience, and for what it's worth, I really am sorry that this is another bump in the road. I'd very much like this to be over and done.

-TrailTurtle
    GM Ohmi says: "Send us a ticket!"
    https://support.arcgames.com
    Ohmis Banhammer
  • justawitness
    justawitness Posts: 84 Arc User
    Man I thought Ohmi was ommislash, had me crazy confused

Face piles of trials with smiles.
  • lewstelamon01
    lewstelamon01 Posts: 15,946 Arc User

Ohmi is a lead GM, if I'm not mistaken. He was the guy maintaining the old Hall of Shame thread.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • justawitness
    justawitness Posts: 84 Arc User

Ohmi is a lead GM, if I'm not mistaken. He was the guy maintaining the old Hall of Shame thread.
    Yeah I know, just a quick mistake. I'm gonna blame the fact that there's no titles or anything to distinguish people.

Face piles of trials with smiles.
  • lewstelamon01
    lewstelamon01 Posts: 15,946 Arc User

Yeah I know, just a quick mistake. I'm gonna blame the fact that there's no titles or anything to distinguish people.

One of my pet peeves. Unless it's in the sig (which mine does reflect this) or you click the person's name and read their profile, you have no way of knowing who the mods/staff are.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Categories